Revert Linksys WRT 1900 ACS to Factory Firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
pssaggu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:02    Post subject: Revert Linksys WRT 1900 ACS to Factory Firmware Reply with quote
Hi Group,

Really struggling with this, so hoping to get some help,I installed DD WRT on my router, however I want to restore it back to the factory firmware, I have seen a few threads on the same topic however WRT1900ACS_ddwrt-to-factory.img.bin file is always on a dead link, I am a noob and would really appreciate some easy steps to restore the original firmware, this is the only time I have installed a third party firmware on the router.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is your WRT1900ACS a V1 or V2? Which build are you running of DD-WRT right now? r43516?

You should be able to flash Linksys factory firmware from DD-WRT's web interface.

I don't recommend Chrome or Chromium-based browsers for web flashing (or web interface usage in general). YMMV.

Here is Waterfox Current or Classic (scroll down), Pale Moon or Basilisk.

Keep in mind if you have only flashed DD-WRT once it's very likely the factory Linksys firmware is still on the other partition.

In that case you can use these commands to determine and switch partitions, restoring access to Linksys firmware.

ubootenv get boot_part

The above command will return a value of 1 or 2 at the end. Then set the opposite value with one of the two examples below.

ubootenv set boot_part 1

ubootenv set boot_part 2

reboot

Otherwise, here are the Linksys factory firmwares. https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=165487

After successfully entering Linksys environment perform a hardware reset.

Last edited by blkt on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:28; edited 1 time in total
pssaggu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27    Post subject: Revert Linksys WRT 1900 ACS to Factory Firmware Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the reply, please find the details required below

DD WRT version: DD-WRT v3.0-r33257 (08/29/17)

Modem: 1900 ACS Version 2

I use a Mac, downloaded Waterfox, would you be so kind as to advise how to run the commands you mentioned.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
The commands are simple enough to run from the web interface under tab Administration -> Commands, otherwise Telnet or SSH.

If the other partition also has DD-WRT, your builds are very old so you will need to upgrade to a much newer version of DD-WRT first before attempting to flash factory firmware.

Here is r43516 wrt1900acs v2 webflash.bin in case you need it.

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/06-25-2020-r43516/linksys-wrt1900acsv2/
pssaggu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks a lot @blkt using Waterfox I could revert the firmware using the GUI of DD WRT itself! really appreciate your help...
Zyxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
And if you decide to give DD WRT a try again sometime in the future... do not hesitate to ask!

The 1900acs v2 is fun to work with (ok, subpar WiFi... but it is working quite good here at my place Smile)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: