New Build - 06-19-2020-r43471

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
The command I know of is nvram erase. That command was changed a while back, if memory serves. I don't know why I didn't pick up on that in the ticket: https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6695 ... also, I don't recall any status return issuing either command via shell, anyway.

Thanks for the fast support at this time. I'll give telnet a go in the next build.

Any thoughts about what changed the CPU load even though it doesn't look to effect CPU temperatures?

Hard reset I feel is a bad idea in most cases, but others may need it at some point.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/378&ved=2ahUKEwilzrD6g5nqAhXum-AKHQf7D6oQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0--VSPpBtLWviSqarOFMqG

Some good, and bad with this blob, but I'm sure the weeds will get pulled in time.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
The thing is, this was already implemented before in DD-WRT. And there were issues... so, here we go again... Laughing
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
pbphoto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: Almost 3-days of uptime. This release is working very well for me. Performance and reliability are excellent so far in my environment. None of my work-from-home family members have bitched at me either.

Upgraded to 43471 3 days ago after running 43306 for the last few weeks without issues. All upgrades were done via GUI over Safari. General browsing feels snappier with this release, and wireguard client upload performance is better too.

Issues: The usual red http authorization/authentication errors in syslog which I've been seeing for at least a year now. Also,I was having lots of disconnects and DHCP chatter in syslog from some of my IOT devices and one of my chromecast audio devices. Giving them static leases in DNSMASQ and going back to 5ghz channel 100 (a DFS channel that the chromecasts do not like) have settled things down.

Wireguard client: Using Mullvad client config following parts of Hellakenut's "idiots guide for commercial clients" and egc's updated guide to eliminate the startup script. I'm getting about 10% improved Wireguard upload speed with this release. I haven't dug into why - I suppose it could have been an upgrade with the Wireguard server I'm attached to. I've noticed some bufferbloat on the upload side however, so I'll keep playing around with it.

Kernel: Linux 4.9.227 #1858 SMP Fri Jun 19 03:18:32 +03 2020 armv7l

Linksys WRT3200ACM: gateway mode, DNSMasq for DNS and DHCP, Wireguard client (Mullvad), Firewall enabled, QoS enabled HTB-CAKE, PBR enabled (SFE disabled). WIFI: 2.4ghz: NG-mixed, 20mhz channel width, channel 1, WPA2-CCMP-128. 5ghz: AC/N mixed, 80mhz channel width, channel 100+6, WPA2-CCMP-128.

Linksys WRT1900ACSv1: router mode, hardwired ethernet lan to WRT3200ACM above. WIFI: 2.4ghz: NG-mixed, 20mhz channel width, channel 11, WPA2-CCMP-128. 5ghz: AC/N mixed, 80mhz channel width, channel 36+6, WPA2-CCMP-128.

Clients: Apple MACOS x 4, IOS x 4, Apple TV, Chromecast Audio x 2, Eufy doorbell, Lutron Caseta, Axis Camera, Samsung TV, Nest thermostat, EtekCity outlets (Espressif)..
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry kernel just a quick question in some of the builds the GUI design changes, but returns with a soft reboot,or a URL refresh. Is this more of a web browser issue?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, likely more prevalent in Chrome. But, I think we might see some improvement in the next release if the recent webUI commits stay. (43510 - 43512).

----------------------
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kernel your right mostly it happens with Chrome. I just noticed it's nice to see that I could wake BS from the dead in this forum today. 🤣
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
You and @M only had a small part in that Wink

----------------------
Zyxx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Justanotherbrokenrouter wrote:

Yes a ticket has been opened in the past about some telnet commands not working like erase nvram.

erase nvram... erase nvram... some time ago there was a thread let me search for it...

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1151928&highlight=happy+year#1151928

-->
According to Kong the commmand to go for nowadays is nvram erase

No luck in finding it currently, but if my memory serves right a few months after this post there were additional changes, further limiting the use of "erase nvram"

Sometime during the last year?
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
telnet commands

erase nvram (doesn't work)
nvram erase (works, but requires a reboot)
nvram erase && reboot (works)

telnet is just something I like to use that is quick, and easy while making a clean DD-WRT install.

Just informational if this question comes up again. I checked this on newest build.

Last edited by Justanotherbrokenrouter on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:00; edited 1 time in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
The nvram erase without a reboot won't work. Because of the static nvram variables stored in the filesystem. All it takes is a "save" and there ya go. At least that is my best understanding of it Confused Cool Laughing

P.S. I have MLandi's old 3200 running 19.07.3 OpenWRT and handling the office at present. I had to figure out the right voodoo to get the 2.4 radio useable for my mobile phone to connect to. Most everything is wired, and I'm not using either 5GHz radio.

----------------------
Justanotherbrokenrouter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wired I never have issues, and 5, and 2.4GHz is fine to. This is not a bad router. Just have to really play with radio settings sometime to make all devices happy, and the Linksys Very Happy

Router Model Linksys WRT3200ACM
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r41380 std (10/24/19)
Kernel Version Linux 4.9.197 #1368 SMP Thu Oct 24 07:06:09 CEST 2019 armv7l
OpenVPN Client (NordVPN Server) OK
5GHz 40MHz Mixed WPA2 AES OK
2.4GHz 20MHz Mixed WPA2 AES OK
Load Average 0.07, 0.06, 0.01 4%
Temperatures CPU 54.1 °C / WL0 30.9 °C / WL1 31.9 °C
Clients 2 PS3s, 2 PS4s, 2 Firesticks, 1 Firebox, 3 Android phones, 2 laptops, 1 desktop.
pbphoto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: Over 32 days of uptime on both devices. This release is working very well for me. Performance and reliability are excellent so far in my environment. None of my work-from-home family members have bitched at me either.

Upgraded to 43471 after running 43306 for the last few weeks without issues. All upgrades were done via GUI over Safari. General browsing feels snappier with this release, and wireguard client upload performance is better too.

Issues: IOT devices (chromecast audio, eufy homebase2, axis camera) can be finicky with wifi. Sometimes, it simply a matter of repositioning them an inch and their connection problem is solved. Sometimes, they repeatedly try to connect to a weaker 5ghz channel and you have to force them onto the stronger 2.4ghz channel. Once in a while, when me and my Macbook Pro laptop roam to another room in the house, I'll try to ping an IOT device that I know is on another device and radio, and it takes a few minutes for the ping to work.

Wireguard client: Using Mullvad client config following parts of Hellakenut's "idiots guide for commercial clients" and egc's updated guide to eliminate the startup script. I'm getting about 10% improved Wireguard upload speed with this release..

Kernel: Linux 4.9.227 #1858 SMP Fri Jun 19 03:18:32 +03 2020 armv7l

Linksys WRT3200ACM: gateway mode, DNSMasq for DNS and DHCP, Wireguard client (Mullvad), Firewall enabled, QoS enabled HTB-CAKE, PBR enabled (SFE disabled). WIFI: 2.4ghz: NG-mixed, 20mhz channel width, channel 1, WPA2-CCMP-128. 5ghz: AC/N mixed, 80mhz channel width, channel 100+6, WPA2-CCMP-128.

Linksys WRT1900ACSv1: router mode, hardwired ethernet lan to WRT3200ACM above. WIFI: 2.4ghz: NG-mixed, 20mhz channel width, channel 11, WPA2-CCMP-128. 5ghz: AC/N mixed, 80mhz channel width, channel 36+6, WPA2-CCMP-128.

Clients: Apple MACOS x 4, IOS x 4, Apple TV, Chromecast Audio x 2, Eufy doorbell, Lutron Caseta, Axis Camera, Samsung TV, Nest thermostat, EtekCity outlets (Espressif)..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: