Netgear r6700v3 - SUPER slow download speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mrmean0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:09    Post subject: Netgear r6700v3 - SUPER slow download speeds Reply with quote
I apologize if this has been posted before but I searched the forum and couldn't find any cases of slow speeds quite as extreme as mine.

I recently tried to flash my Netgear R6700v3 with dd-wrt, but I noticed that afterwards, my download speeds were down in the kbps. For reference, my ISP is fiber with 100Mbps, and while I was on Netgear's stock firmware, I was regularly getting 100-120mbps download.

I followed the guide word-for-word while flashing, I tried nvram erase && reboot several times. QOS is off. I tried flashing different recent builds and I even tried one of Kongs builds from last year, it was all the same. download speeds were sub 1mbps while uploads were 100mbps.

I tried several different cables from router to computer and router to ISP.

Has anyone experienced the same issues with the R6700v3 (or R6400v2)?

sidenote: these speeds are recorded while all settings are stock and I'm testing from a desktop over ethernet directly to the router, so it isn't the wireless settings causing issues.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is SFE turned on?

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
mrmean0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Is SFE turned on?

Yes. I tried with SFE both on and off.
awmartian
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have same router. I have been using DD-WRT v3.0-r41813 std (12/29/19) for months without issues. You can try that version to see if it solves your problem.
mrmean0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I’ve tried other versions but I’ll give this specific one a shot and see if there’s a difference.

Thanks!
moonlighter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrmean0r wrote:
I’ve tried other versions but I’ll give this specific one a shot and see if there’s a difference.

Thanks!

Hi, have you been able to resolve slow wifi issue? I have a similar issue on R6400V2 router I flashed recently. I can only get about 10/20mbps speed on 2.4G wifi and have been struggling few days to try to figure out. I have a gig speed internet and on wired connection, the speed can reach 300/300mbps(still low but okay).

The router was flashed initially with build r41328 and did nvram erase/reboot multiple times but could only get ~10/20mbps download/upload speed on 2.4G wifi. Had sfe on as default and selected fixed channel - ch6. Also tried a newer build r41823 but with similar result.

Any suggestions to tweak? Thanks for help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: