r7000p cant access GUI, telnet shell shows no files [SOLVED]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sloth.nyc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 17:11    Post subject: r7000p cant access GUI, telnet shell shows no files [SOLVED] Reply with quote
router: r7000p
ddwrt version: 06-19-2020-r43471

I recently went back to stock Netgear fw to do some testing. Today I decided to flash the latest beta back onto the router (using the chk file).

After the flash I decided to do an nvram erase via telnet to make sure I was starting totally fresh as I'd been having wifi config issues on the previous beta. (Previous two r7000p were bricked after doing a factory reset from the GUI... topic for another thread)

After rebooting, I can access the status page but when trying to login and access any settings page the router just keeps prompting me for the password then eventually the GUI stop responding, at the same time this happens telnet connections are also refused. Upon rebooting, the gui/telnet starts up and I can go through the whole process again.

I am able to telnet and login into the router after a reboot. When I run 'ls' no files are listed. I was able to flash the fw again (using bin file) via the command line but the issue persists.

Any suggestions on what I should try next? Flash an older firmware?

Thanks!
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
What browser are you using, on what OS?
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
tinkeruntilitworks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
at one point i recovered a partially bricked r7000p. the recovery tool brought me back to stock. if i flashed straight to the current firmware an nvram erase would send it into bootloop. A factory reset in gui after flashing the chk did the trick I believe.

While troubleshooting I flashed the last Kong build and it allowed me to do an nvram erase then i flashed the recent build. Using the Kong build was probably not necessary. I think a bs build from the same time should work as well
sloth.nyc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
What browser are you using, on what OS?

Windows 10 v2004
Chrome Beta 84.0.4147.45
Firefox Beta 78.0b9
sloth.nyc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ran an ftp server on my local machine so I could curl the stock fw back on to the router. After flashing to stock I then updated to the latest dd-wrt beta and did NOT nvram erase haha.

Things are up and running again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: