New Build - 06-13-2020-r43397

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
MysticGold04
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
iFrog wrote:
Hey guys, I was curious if under space used in status, if this was normal. The JFFS2 info has a strange font. It's been this way for a while including this current build. Here is my paste below:

Space Usage
NVRAM
34 KiB / 64 KiB
CIFS
(Not mounted)
JFFS2
2 387.97 kB / 98.30 MB

dont know what you mean with strange font. i just see strange characters in your post

@BrainSlayer

The strange characters we see have been bolded in the post above. There are several reports from R7000, and my Asus 68u has them when JFFS is mounted. I've seen this on a clean install, as well as an upgrade. I'm guessing it has something to do with the coding to display the JFFS stats.

ASUS RT-AC68U Gateway/AP r54604
Edgerouter-4, v2.0.9-hotfix7
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Veritech wrote:
@kernel-panic69: I'm flashing without resetting to defaults and using the Windows 10 default Edge Chromium browser.

Firefox ESR or IE on Windows may (read: does) produce better results in my experience. I prefer to use IE or FF ESR 52 portable on Win10. Chromium-based browsers are known to be problematic, especially not in Private/Incognito modes, extensions loaded, and coupled with your Internet web traffic. Standalone browser access to the webUI in private browsing mode is ideal and the most secure option.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Firefox ESR or IE on Windows may (read: does) produce better results in my experience. I prefer to use IE or FF ESR 52 portable on Win10. Chromium-based browsers are known to be problematic, especially not in Private/Incognito modes, extensions loaded, and coupled with your Internet web traffic. Standalone browser access to the webUI in private browsing mode is ideal and the most secure option.

I am using most recent version of Firefox and Win 10 Pro version 2004. No problem encountered so far when upgrading DD-WRT via WEBUI. And I didn't even bother to disable Firefox add-ons, though no add-on deals with Javascript.

I think DD-WRT's WEBSUI is 99% AJAX ("J" for Javascript)! The WEBUI should be re-written using only CSS and HTML 5, aka the modern way! Smile

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
mwchang wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

I am using most recent version of Firefox and Win 10 Pro version 2004. No problem encountered so far when upgrading DD-WRT via WEBUI. And I didn't even bother to disable Firefox add-ons, though no add-on deals with Javascript.

I think DD-WRT's WEBSUI is 99% AJAX ("J" for Javascript)! The WEBUI should be re-written using only CSS and HTML 5, aka the modern way! Smile

Show me a router webUI written in html5. I don't know of any except for FreshTomato (maybe?). That is the only one I know that is (mostly)100% W3C compliant and using .css.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: