Downgrading from R43334

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
littlebear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 23:19    Post subject: Downgrading from R43334 Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I installed R43334 on Linksys wrt1900ACS v2. I am trying to troubleshoot an issue with the OpenVPN DNS. Currently when openvpn is enabled, it looks like the DNS is having issues resolving. They eventually resolve but the take their time. I am trying to find out if it is a VPN or firmware issue.
Everything works well when the VPN is off, once it is ON then the resolving hosts issue arise.
So I am trying to downgrade....with no luck
I have tried downgrading from the GUI several times and it wont.
I have tried using wget and write with no luck.

I do not get any error messages when trying to downgrade.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Sponsor
raywan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
try to reset factory defaults but i know it is a hard job to input all the settings. Use screen capture to memorize all the settings.
Sometimes upgrade firmware may help to resolve the firmware bug. But not all the upgrade are able to solve the issue. Sometimes upgrading firmware may getting worse. So, reset to factory default may help to resolve some bugs.
I also have wrt1900acs v2 in my office. It works very stable and serving more than 10 devices in office. It only works as AP mode. No other service is available in wrt1900acs v2.
littlebear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Raywan,

Are you running the version R43334? are you using OpenVPN?
raywan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
My office wrt1900acs v2 running r43171 uptime more than 29 days.
AP mode only, no openVPN service

My WRT32x running r43381. I think this is a most stable build for wireless recently. I also tried r43397 and r43420 build with factory defaults. Not very stable at all. AP mode only.
raywan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
raywan wrote:
try to reset factory defaults but i know it is a hard job to input all the settings. Use screen capture to memorize all the settings.
Sometimes upgrade firmware may help to resolve the firmware bug. But not all the upgrade are able to solve the issue. Sometimes upgrading firmware may getting worse. So, reset to factory default may help to resolve some bugs.
I also have wrt1900acs v2 in my office. It works very stable and serving more than 10 devices in office. It only works as AP mode. No other service is available in wrt1900acs v2.

try to reset to factory default first. Then setup the wireless. Make sure wireless has no connection problem then move on DNS. Remember step by step, make sure everything works fine then move to the new settings.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Save settings. Do not use "Apply Settings". Reboot after each step if you think something is not going to work.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: