WRT1900ACSV2, WRT32X & WRX3200ACM @ 43397

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:51    Post subject: WRT1900ACSV2, WRT32X & WRX3200ACM @ 43397 Reply with quote
Moderator: Split from New Build - 06-13-2020-r43397
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Please follow the minimum report format requirements. Your reports are useless otherwise.

If the problem does not relate the command, I am 100% sure not in WRT1900ACSV2.

If possible, many people had reported about WRT3200ACM and WRT32X CPU Loading keeping in 50% or high. Your feedback meaning like useless. Actually, we really really worry about the cpu will be burnt a time. I also had captured the screen to show.

Secondly, the ath1 does not work, I think that the Use DNSMasq for DNS & DHCP-Authoritative were enabled by default settling. I will disable the functions shortly!
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
The load issue probably has nothing to do with anything related to dnsmasq.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 16:52; edited 1 time in total
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT32X

Although you will not reply me, I try to tell the fact in my view about r43397. If I had not disabled the Use DNSMasq for DHCP & Use DNSMasq for DNS, I cannot connected the 2.4G AP with any devices since 2018.

In the config, I just set up
1. pptp server
2. Wifi 5.8G
3. Wifi 2.4G

I think many people also have this feedback in DD-WRT. We do not have solution to fix the basic needs when we had bought a high price router

Unfortunately, using Linksys Factory Firmware of WRT32X users feedback, they had the same result. The connection always is terminated.

In the case of 50% CPU Loading,
Comparing the DD-WRT Build in March before, I can make sure the heat sink temperature was increasing. That is the physical. I do not feel safe. The same reference post is last page, the user is installing 14CM fan for cooling.

According the systemlog, I did not find anything about 50% loading last month.

According to this link,
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/7131#no2

I had the same issue.

NOT FreeRadius

NOT PPPoE Server

NOT VPN

NOT USB

NOT NAS

NOT Hotspot

NOT Adblocking

NOT SpeedChecker

If my last post is useless, I need to say sorry!

The reason is that I really do not understand how is useless, what is useless and where is useless from my observation. I am not angry but I feel helpless.

However, I think I am the first one to report 50% Loading and Wifi Issue about WRT32X.

Thanks!

kernel-panic69 wrote:
The load issue probably has nothing to do with anything related to dnsmasq. I give up trying to make sense of you messy folks in the Marvell forum.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
@M:

"Use DNSMasq for DHCP" is no longer a user-configured "valid" setting as it is the only DHCP server in the firmware for quite some time now. If you are not using DNSMasq for DNS, what are you using, what is your configuration? The proper configurations have been discussed plenty in regards to DNSMasq over the past couple of years. It seems like you have a lot of conflicting configuration issues that is causing you grief, but I don't know. It seems like you are not adapting to changes in the firmware. I am not saying there may not be underlying problems with the firmware images, but without a complete reset and configuration step-by-step from scratch and testing to find out what breaks things, there doesn't seem to be any way to figure out what needs to be resolved.

Linksys WRT AC Series Marvell devices are known to have heat issues. A usb-powered 120mm fan pulling air out of the top does wonders.

----------------------
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use DNSMasq for DHCP and DNSMasq for DNS are enabled by default in WRT32X.

I disabled the DNSMasq for DHCP and DNSMasq for DNS because pptp server does not work in r36168. After disabled the function, wifi and pptp server had resumed.

I try to step by step.

index.asp
Local IP Address
Time Zone
Server IP/Name
DDNS
custom
Mac Address Clone
Enabled
Wireless
In WRT32X

When the wifi-ap is dd-wrt, it can connect. When the AP information and encrypt password are set up, the result is not our expectation.

ath0 (WPA2 AES) + (30dbm)
ath1 (WPA2 AES + TKIP) + (30dbm) + Wireless SSID Broadcast Disabled (If ath1 is disabled, ath2 ap cannot be opened)
ath2 (WPA2 AES + TKIP) + (20dbm) (ath0 and ath1 are using the same mac address, I need the Windows device to select 2.4 but the device is just connect ath0. If ath2 is disabled, ath1 is no wifi. )

In WRT32X (50% Loading), the interface had changed. Only ath0 and ath1

When the wifi-ap is dd-wrt, it can connect. When the AP information and encrypt password are set up, the device cannot connect any device.

ath0 (WPA2 AES) + (30dbm)
ath1 (WPA2 AES + TKIP) + (30dbm)

Server -> PPTP Server

SPI Firewall - (Enabled All Items were selected except Limit PPTP Server Access)
PPTP Passthrough Enabled

Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)
Enabled due to Belkin Engineer instruction

Port Range Forwarding (It is for IPCam Protocol only)

IP Filter Settings (adjust these for P2P)
TCP Congestion Control: htcp (For 4K Videos, Westwood cannot play smooth)
Maximum Ports: 65536
TCP Timeout (in seconds) 3600
UDP Timeout (in seconds) 120

Command
#!/bin/ash
MAC=`(date; cat /proc/interrupts) | md5sum | sed -r 's/^(.{10}).*$/\1/; s/([0-9a-f]{2})/\1:/g; s/:$//;'`
echo "AA:${MAC}"

ifconfig eth1 hw ether AA:${MAC}
nvram set def_hwaddr="AA:${MAC}"
nvram set wan_hwaddr="AA:${MAC}"

stopservice wan
startservice wan

Schedule Reboot (Every Day)

Those settling is applying in Atheros Router, BroadCom Router and WRT1200AC. Very less problem had be found.

In WRT1900ACSV2, the router performance may not be stabled but it can be operated. In r43266, the UBoot may be damaged last night. When the router reboot, it will return to default settling. Finally, I force to erase the firmware and reinstall the dd-wrt firmware to r43397. Actually, it is stable but I found the apply settling is loading too long time and time out.

In WRT32X, I do not know how to express to you! I believe that it has many bugs. I always concerned it and caused an Headache many time!

Other issues
BroadCom Chip Client Mode (Repeater Mode) does not connect WPA2 Enterprise or WPA3 Enterprise AP. Around 1 minute will refuse to connect the router and reconnected again. No IP address can show to success for connection.

I told you everything. I have tested many time. I am very tired. I hope the information is helping firmware.

kernel-panic69 wrote:
@M:

"Use DNSMasq for DHCP" is no longer a user-configured "valid" setting as it is the only DHCP server in the firmware for quite some time now. If you are not using DNSMasq for DNS, what are you using, what is your configuration? The proper configurations have been discussed plenty in regards to DNSMasq over the past couple of years. It seems like you have a lot of conflicting configuration issues that is causing you grief, but I don't know. It seems like you are not adapting to changes in the firmware. I am not saying there may not be underlying problems with the firmware images, but without a complete reset and configuration step-by-step from scratch and testing to find out what breaks things, there doesn't seem to be any way to figure out what needs to be resolved.

Linksys WRT AC Series Marvell devices are known to have heat issues. A usb-powered 120mm fan pulling air out of the top does wonders.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
M wrote:

Use DNSMasq for DHCP doesn't exist as a setting in the WebUI since around 04-10-2019-r39469 build. The udhcpd alternative was removed in changesets 39350 through 39356. Clear cache, reset to factory defaults, and show me a screenshot for your router that has that configuration item on this build. More recently, the local DNS option was removed since it is no longer relevant. On top of that, in regards to the rest of your post, pretty sure this stuff has been discussed more than once, including in the stickies at the top of this forum. There has to be something you are not including that could be relevant, I don't know.

----------------------
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
DNSMasq for DNS & DHCP-Authoritative are enabled by default in WRT32X after r39356. Sorry! It is the same effect!

kernel-panic69 wrote:
M wrote:

Use DNSMasq for DHCP doesn't exist as a setting in the WebUI since around 04-10-2019-r39469 build. The udhcpd alternative was removed in changesets 39350 through 39356. Clear cache, reset to factory defaults, and show me a screenshot for your router that has that configuration item on this build. More recently, the local DNS option was removed since it is no longer relevant. On top of that, in regards to the rest of your post, pretty sure this stuff has been discussed more than once, including in the stickies at the top of this forum. There has to be something you are not including that could be relevant, I don't know.
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
M wrote:

M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
M wrote:

kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
"DHCP-Authoritative" is not "Use DNSMasq for DHCP", and no, they are not the same effect or the same exact thing. Using the static DNS server entries while not using DNSMasq for DNS doesn't make sense to me. Your configuration looks likely problematic. Proper DNSMasq configuration has been discussed plenty over the past two years.

As far as the loading issue, I don't know if it is configuration-related or not specifically, but I have absolutely zero blatant indication on any of the WRT AC series Linksys Marvell routers that are on my bench (1200AC v1/v2, 1900AC v1/v2, 1900ACS v1/v2, 3200, 32X).

If anyone wishes to correct my thoughts and reasoning, add your thoughts to this discussion tangent, feel free. I just know that my standard configurations and what I have tested on my bench don't "match" these results.

----------------------
WENED
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
"DHCP-Authoritative" is not "Use DNSMasq for DHCP", and no, they are not the same effect or the same exact thing. Using the static DNS server entries while not using DNSMasq for DNS doesn't make sense to me. Your configuration looks likely problematic. Proper DNSMasq configuration has been discussed plenty over the past two years.

As far as the loading issue, I don't know if it is configuration-related or not specifically, but I have absolutely zero blatant indication on any of the WRT AC series Linksys Marvell routers that are on my bench (1200AC v1/v2, 1900AC v1/v2, 1900ACS v1/v2, 3200, 32X).

If anyone wishes to correct my thoughts and reasoning, add your thoughts to this discussion tangent, feel free. I just know that my standard configurations and what I have tested on my bench don't "match" these results.

I probably have no business jumping in on this but you have been a great source of help in the past. When I was having problems with losing DHCP you made some suggestions with which I played. Ultimately I reverted to the default setup and disabled Ath1 on my Master. Have not encountered any loss since and I use static resolution extensively.
As far as the high usage I have never seen this on my Master 3200 even though it is quite busy most of the time.
The only problem I have encountered recently is my 1900 V1 WDS Station losing connectivity and constant deauthorizes. I have solved this by using a very old, but reliable, build
It appeared to me that virtually all builds after old faithful seem to monitor the signal level/quality and do some re-connect protocol which of course causes either a deauthentcation or a complete router reboot. Most of the time I don't have problem but when weather comes in and disrupts the signal all hell breaks loose, just not with r31924.
In conclusion I must thank you for your assistance over the years and suggest maybe "M" should listen to your advice and institute some changes based on such. As you indicated "M"s problems appear self-inflicted by configuration.

Ath1 2.4Ghz Disabled
99 Static Leases
ExpressVPN

WRT3200acm r55819 WDS Station 5Ghz
Ath1 AP N/G Mixed Channel 11 HT40

WRT1900Ac V1 5Ghz r55819 WDS Station
(Defective, no 2.4Ghz but 5Ghz works great)

WRT1900AC V1 5Ghz AC 80Mhz WDS Station r55819
2.4Ghz AP Ch1 HT20 Mixed

WRT1900ACS SPARE r54914
WRT1900AC SPARE r54914
WRT1900AC V1 5Ghz AC 80Mhz WDS-AP r55819
2.4Ghz AP Ch1 HT20 Mixed

WRT54G DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 micro AP CH 6 Mixed - Not in use

3200 Master -> LAN -> 1900ACS -> WDS 5Ghz -> 1900 V1
3200 Master -> WDS -> 3200 Slave & 1900V1
Argenis
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
To the M person:

The load issue happens with a 100% from scratch WRT32X. It starts at 0% then slowly builds over time from 50-58% ish, then settles around 50%.

It has nothing to do with any configuration, so I'd highly suggest that unless your unit is running into 80C on a regular (I wouldn't worry even if it goes to 90C, it's built for heat), I wouldn't even worry if it has proper functionality.

SD8887 802.11ac disabled but visible on GUI and CLI
TX Power 18 dBm
Antenna Gain 0 dBi
U-APSD (Automatic Power Save)Enabled 
Protection Mode None
RTS Threshold Disabled
Short Preamble Disabled 
Short GI Enabled
Single User Beamforming Enabled
Multi User Beamforming Enabled 
AP Isolation Disabled
Beacon Interval 100
DTIM Interval 2
WMM Support Enabled 
Radar Detection Disabled 
ScanList default
Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing) 500 (Default: 500 meters)
Max Associated Clients 256 (Default: 256 Clients)
Minimum Signal for authenticate -128
Minimum Signal for connection -128
Poll Time for signal lookup 10
Amount of allowed low signals 3
Wireless security is WPA2 Personal CCMP-128 only
QAM256 is on
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually, My WRT32X router has achieved to 93.5C
The average temperature is 87C

If it assumes a bug only!
CPU 0% = CPU 50% WRT32X

But I think it is not simple in this case. I never see this model have the high temperature the first time!

My major issue of WRT32X is 2.4G wifi. It refused all of devices connection.

Argenis wrote:
To the M person:

The load issue happens with a 100% from scratch WRT32X. It starts at 0% then slowly builds over time from 50-58% ish, then settles around 50%.

It has nothing to do with any configuration, so I'd highly suggest that unless your unit is running into 80C on a regular (I wouldn't worry even if it goes to 90C, it's built for heat), I wouldn't even worry if it has proper functionality.

Last edited by M on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:35; edited 1 time in total
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that you feel my config having problems in

Use DNSMasq for DNS and DHCP-Authoritative.

First, "Use DNSMasq for DNS and DHCP-Authoritative" are enabled the default settling. Actually, normal user do not touch both items as I believe.

Second, WRT1900ACSV2, WRT1200AC and other standby Routers are used at least 4 years. All configs did not happen a large event. I think you can assume normal case. All of them in AC is 80Hz. now, I am staying at University with VPN.

Third, WRT32X AC Wireless can achieve to 160Hz but I never used the function in Spring 2020 before. All of common configs are copied by WRT1200AC and WRT1900ACSV2 completely excepting the disabled of DNSMasq for DNS and DHCP-Authoritative.
In r36168 of WRT32X, it has DNSMasq for DNS and DNSMasq for DHCP. due to finding a solution solved the 2.4G Wifi, I tried to check every steps in WRT32X since June 2018. If not, the 2.4G Wifi could be used.
That is "selection check" in step by step. In WRT1200AC and WRT1900ACSV2 never found this problem (At least, it is stable to operation).

Final, I really do not know the reason that the 2.4G Wifi refused all of the devices connection before when Use DNSMasq for DNS and DHCP-Authoritative although you give me the DD-WRT source code of WRT32X for inspection.

The last two year, I just used 5.8G Wifi Client Mode in WRT32X and VPN Server.

According to Forum, I am not the one reported the same problem about 2.4G Wifi. It sometimes had comment about"2.4G wifi does not work" etc. You can send the message to ask them but many people also told us the problem. After that, that problem is/is not our problem. WRT3200ACM did not seem having this problem. I really want to know the solution. could you tell me please? Many Thanks!

I need to say sorry for everyone! I never use the forum before, DD-WRT called me using Forum. After that, I know the reason. The server has provided many of build. DD-WRT WiKi or Bible information is not enough

kernel-panic69 wrote:

M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Argenis wrote:
To the M person:

For your information

https://www.google.com/search?q=dd-wrt+wrt32x+2.4
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: