[RT-AC66U rev A] [40559] VAP Not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
SignalRunner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 22:10    Post subject: [RT-AC66U rev A] [40559] VAP Not working Reply with quote
On my Asus RT-AC66U (rev A) unit (running build 40559), VAP's (bridged to VLAN) are not working. Authentication fails.

The fixes in this topic don't work and I can't try the mentioned wlconf, as I have a MIPS-based device.

Tried some older builds (currently 36079), but VAP's work only on 2.4 Ghz there (but do work).

Any idea's what I can try next? This seems like a dd-wrt issue based on the topic mentioned before...
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're going to stay stuck in router database listed builds, you might as well take aim and blow your foot off. In other words, you may want to UPGRADE to a build that has a better chance of working as well as research the workaround commands...

Quote:
VAPs not working at boot fixed for unbridged VAPs with r40564:40566. Workaround startup command:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas (there are a few alternatives, search).

Quote:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;wlconf eth1 down;wlconf eth1 up;wlconf eth2 down;wlconf eth2 up;startservice nas

Quote:
sleep 20
nvram set wl1.1_hwaddr=
nvram commit
stopservice nas; wlconf eth1 down; wlconf eth2 down; wlconf eth1 up; wlconf eth2 up; startservice nas; logger "VAP workaround executed";

Quote:
sleep 1
logger "VAP workaround starting";
nvram set wl1.1_hwaddr=
nvram commit
stopservice nas; wlconf eth1 down; wlconf eth2 down; wlconf eth1 up; wlconf eth2 up; startservice nas; logger "VAP workaround executed";

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
SignalRunner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
If you're going to stay stuck in router database listed builds, you might as well take aim and blow your foot off. In other words, you may want to UPGRADE to a build that has a better chance of working as well as research the workaround commands...

Very helpful response, indeed, appreciated, mate!

If you read carefully, you should've spotted that the build I mentioned isn't in the router database (lot older). Oh and by the way, I tried build 43334 with the same results (VAP's not working).

Also, I explicitly stated that the workarounds not work for me. I think you referring to this:

Code:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas

But no, that isn't working.

Instead of being a wisecrack (excuse me), you could also help people by being of added value. For example, giving different workarounds which might work (I didn't find them) or at least point people in the right direction.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
See my edited post. Apparently, I was done editing before your response posted. You're welcome.

----------------------
SignalRunner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, that was very helpful.

Code:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;wlconf eth1 down;wlconf eth1 up;wlconf eth2 down;wlconf eth2 up;startservice nas

Did the trick. I was aware that it was some kind of MAC-address issue in relation to the BCM wireless driver.

I hope the issue get fixed soon so we can get rid of these workarounds, good luck!
stieg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
This also fixed my issue with VLAN on my ac66u. Is there an upstream bug tracking this that you are aware of kernel-panic69?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
There probably is still an open ticket on this, I just don't have a link handy.

----------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: