No Internet after DD-WRT flash of a new WRT3200acm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you even know how to use the snipping tool in Windows? You can pick selection... and those images are too big and complete garbage. BUT, I can see enough to know both routers are on the same subnet, which the only way that will work is if your DD-WRT is connected LAN to LAN set up as a wired AP. OTHERWISE, you need to change the local IP address of your DD-WRT, i.e., 192.168.2.1. They both cannot be on 192.168.1.x subnet, you won't have internet access.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Sponsor
QueDog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your assistance! Your tip works, and I'm now connected. My apologies for not getting you something to work with in a proper format to not waste more of your time for a simple fix. Now, I'll follow your suggestion to upgrade from 40559......

kernel-panic69 wrote:
Do you even know how to use the snipping tool in Windows? You can pick selection... and those images are too big and complete garbage. BUT, I can see enough to know both routers are on the same subnet, which the only way that will work is if your DD-WRT is connected LAN to LAN set up as a wired AP. OTHERWISE, you need to change the local IP address of your DD-WRT, i.e., 192.168.2.1. They both cannot be on 192.168.1.x subnet, you won't have internet access.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: