Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 7178 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 14:18 Post subject: New Build - 06-01-2020-r43320
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• WireGuard: Policy Based Routing, Kill Switch, Inbound Firewall, Naming of Peers, Status, Key, Guides. Thanks egc!
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Joined: 10 Nov 2018 Posts: 325 Location: South Carolina
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 18:43 Post subject: Re: ESP8266
I just upgraded to see if this release will fix a problem I'm having with a new ESP8266 based device (Feit Electric Smart Bulb) that I just received. Unfortunately it did not.
To confirm DD-WRT is the problem, I installed a TP Link TL-WR700N as an AP behind my WRT1200AC. The bulbs worked fine when connected to this AP.
I was told that the latest release fixed this problem. Any ideas what's going on?
I still have WIFI issues refusing connections with some devices after unknown lengths of time. I've stated before I find I can work around the problem by connecting an external AP of a different make and model to a LAN port, and disabling the WRT3200 wifi all together on the router. I realize it isn't a "fix", but if the issue is wifi drivers like some say, no future ddwrt firmware will fix it without fixed drivers. Pretty unfortunate. My wrt3200acm is basically nothing but a VPN client router and NAS.