New Build - 06-01-2020-r43320

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 14:18    Post subject: New Build - 06-01-2020-r43320 Reply with quote
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: (DD-WRT website) HTTPS & FTP (try another if a link doesn't work)

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (or 'curl -k {file URL} -o {file}') with http (not https) or ftp. Then 'write {file} linux'.

Repository: Trac SVN changelog since last build r43306 (GitHub mirror)

Notes:
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
WireGuard: Policy Based Routing, Kill Switch, Inbound Firewall, Naming of Peers, Status, Key, Guides. Thanks egc!

Issues:
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.

Important:
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net

Last edited by kernel-panic69 on Mon Jun 01, 2020 21:29; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 14:31    Post subject: DD-WRT v3.0-r43320 std (06/01/20) Reply with quote
WRT3200ACM V1 r43320 Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit) webflash

OpenVPN CLIENT seems fine (nordvpn server)
5GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Conditional 40MHz Mixed
2.4GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Disabled
NAS via USB Samba seems fine so far

Again, hasn't been a lot of time between releases for testing. But, so far so good.
wilma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 16:47    Post subject: ESP8266 Reply with quote
I just upgraded to see if this release will fix a problem I'm having with a new ESP8266 based device (Feit Electric Smart Bulb) that I just received. Unfortunately it did not.

To confirm DD-WRT is the problem, I installed a TP Link TL-WR700N as an AP behind my WRT1200AC. The bulbs worked fine when connected to this AP.

I was told that the latest release fixed this problem. Any ideas what's going on?
scar1943
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 18:43    Post subject: Re: ESP8266 Reply with quote
wilma wrote:
I just upgraded to see if this release will fix a problem I'm having with a new ESP8266 based device (Feit Electric Smart Bulb) that I just received. Unfortunately it did not.

To confirm DD-WRT is the problem, I installed a TP Link TL-WR700N as an AP behind my WRT1200AC. The bulbs worked fine when connected to this AP.

I was told that the latest release fixed this problem. Any ideas what's going on?

I still have WIFI issues refusing connections with some devices after unknown lengths of time. I've stated before I find I can work around the problem by connecting an external AP of a different make and model to a LAN port, and disabling the WRT3200 wifi all together on the router. I realize it isn't a "fix", but if the issue is wifi drivers like some say, no future ddwrt firmware will fix it without fixed drivers. Pretty unfortunate. My wrt3200acm is basically nothing but a VPN client router and NAS.
wilma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 18:54    Post subject: ESP8266 Reply with quote
FWIW, I was able to find a workaround for the ESP8266 problem. I just created a 2.4 GHz virtual AP and turned off WMM for it. It's not perfect, but it works for now.

Details here: https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/278
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: