Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 14:18 Post subject: New Build - 05/27/2020 - r43266
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• WireGuard 1.0 & tools! New GUI Tunnel options since r42872; now with key management! Setup guides: Client & Server by egc
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Upgraded WRT1200AC v1 from r43261 to r43266 using Firefox 76.0 (64 bit) running on Linux Mint 19.3 OS.
Successful update and reboot. No reset, nothing disabled prior to update, up time approx 24 hrs, wireless connected, vpn up immediately. I do not use NAS. SFE is always disabled. OpenVPN client/DNSMasq, QoS with PIE always enabled.
OpenVPN 2.4.9 arm-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on May 27 2020
library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1g 21 Apr 2020 LZO 2.09
Usual syslog yellows. Authentication fail error is the only red. Used heavily with two Corp VPN's being passed through and all other wired/wireless devices using router VPN (ExpressVPN). Both r43261 and r43266 have worked well with wireless streaming using both releases perfect with no buffering or drops over several hours of streaming. Have not had any Load Average or memory issues.
OpenVPN CLIENT seems fine (nordvpn server)
5GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Conditional 40MHz Mixed
2.4GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Disabled
NAS via USB Samba seems fine so far
So, this release seems to have settled down some for me. For example, I'm not seeing a syslog full of attack or unresolved type errors as in previous releases (at least so far anyway). WIFI is still an issue, again jury rigged by a keep alive reboot in the middle of the night and/or by using AP hardware external to the router itself.
New router -- just deployed as a secondary / hot spare
Purchased from Amazon in May 2020, should be recent HW rev
Secondary Router & Version: Linksys WRT3200ACM
File/Kernel: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43266 std (05/27/20) via web GUI and "factory-to-ddwrt.bin"
Previous/Reset: Linksys factory default FW
Mode/Status: AP & LAN switch. Ath0 5GHz=AC/N mised, VHT160, LUL (-6). Ath1=mixed, Wide HT40, QAM256=on.
Security: WPA2 personal + CCMP-128 (both interfaces)
(1) Same USB issue as noted in my checkout of r43306, dmesg posted there -- USB devices not recognized for SMB mounting, hot re-plug fixes this.
(2) Enabling any wireless security after flashing factory-->DD-WRT resulted in failed-to-connect issues. Resolution was to reset NVRAM (button on back, 30s) then re-configure, enabling security as the first step, then other settings. Seems fine now.
Notes: Thorough testing since Thursday for stability -- basic functionality seems good. On 802.11AC 5GHz seeing >206Mbps down / 6Mbps up on comcast.