Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 7178 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 16:57 Post subject: New Build - 05-26-2020-r43261
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• WireGuard 1.0 & tools! New GUI Tunnel options since r42872; now with key management! Setup guides: Client & Server by egc
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
OpenVPN CLIENT seems fine (nordvpn server)
5GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Conditional 40MHz Mixed
2.4GHz wpa2 CCMP-128 (AES) Disabled
NAS via USB Samba seems fine
This and the previous version, I noticed occasional random disconnects on connection sensitive links. For example, VOIP apps, disconnecting followed by re-connection about 5 or 10 seconds later. Seems to progressively get worse, needing a router reset to resolve. Changed my VPN server location to verify it wasn't VPN server related. Seems to stick with the router, not a remote VPN location. Anyway... Several versions now I've had this issue. I would like to hear others opinions.