How to reset Linksys 3200acm running dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
rn35
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:30    Post subject: How to reset Linksys 3200acm running dd-wrt Reply with quote
I am running dd-wrt (DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 std (08/06/19)) on a Linksys 3200ACM router. I attempted to set iptables rules by ssh-ing into the router and blocking all traffic.

The command I issued was :
iptables -P INPUT DROP

In hindsight, this was amazingly stupid, because I was immediately booted from my session and I can no longer connect via ssh. The router is currently allowing all outbound traffic, but I can no longer administer the router. I have reset the router several times (holding down the reset button) and this does reset the system. After reconnecting to the admin page at 192.168.1.1, it prompts me to set a new password. However, after I set a new password, I cannot navigate to any of the other web pages or connect via ssh. Any thoughts on how I can reset my router to either the factory linksys or initial dd-wrt firmware?

Also, I've already tried the 30/30/30 reset. No dice.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
You don't need to 30/30/30 the 3200ACM. Press reset for about ~10 seconds or so and release. Also, that is not an ideal build.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER

This database may not have up-to-date information and may even recommend a build which might cause issues. As such, you should check the device specific forum (Broadcom, Atheros, MediaTek, etc.) first before flashing any build recommended in this database. There you will find build specific topics that discuss any issues with a particular build/release. For more up-to-date firmware files, please visit the firmware faq.

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FRIENDLY AND FAIR NOTICE

Where Do I Download Firmware?

Firmware FAQ

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
rn35
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can get the new build, but how do I load it now that my router is in this foobar state? I cannot ssh and cannot use the Web UI after the reset.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it's reset properly, you should be able to get back into the webUI at 192.168.1.1...

----------------------
rn35
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
It prompts me to reset the password, which leads me to think that it is reset. However, I cannot navigate to any of the other UI tabs.

How else would I reset the router? Would this also reset the iptables command I issued?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are being asked to set a new password, then it should be reset and it should also have reset the iptables entries you made. After setting the new password, it should allow you to telnet in, at the very least, by default. As far as the webUI navigation issue, which browser are you using? Firefox ESR, Pale Moon, Opera, Safari, pretty much anything not Chromium-based works better, but I think there were also webUI issues in 40559 that may require reloading pages to get it to work.

----------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: