Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 5705 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 14:10 Post subject: New Build - 05-22-2020 - r43217
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix from December, since then various revisions including recently 7040.
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• WireGuard 1.0 & tools! New GUI Tunnel options since r42872; now with key management! Setup guides: Client & Server by egc
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Router/Version: DIR-882 A1
Kernel: Linux DIR-882 4.14.181 #325 SMP Fri May 22 13:29:57 +04 2020 mips DD-WRT
Mode: 2.4GHz AP / 5GHZ AP/WDS AP
Issues/Errors: none besides only pwr and wan leds work.
The first line was supposed to help the time sync, which I had problem with in earlier builds, but it seems that it affects the execution of the adjustment of tx power. Taking out the first line fixed the issue. However, the same set of commands were working fine in build r42335 (maybe also in later builds before r43099).