Possible problem with openssl-server on R7800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
chrissv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:14    Post subject: Possible problem with openssl-server on R7800 Reply with quote
Hi All,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my problem, but I couldn't find any better. If someone can point me to a better location, I'll post there.

I have an R7800 which I upgraded (successfully) from DD-WRT v3.0-r34900M kongat (02/14/18) to v3.0-r43084 std (05/07/20)
I also reconfigured my HDD so I could use Entware applications.

One thing I noticed when I upgraded was that I lost SFTP capability. So after investigating, I decided to use Entware's openssh-server (8.1pl-1) so I can install and use openssh-sftp-server.

But I am having a problem with basic SSH operation with openssh. I kept the dropbear SSH server (which has been rock solid) on one port, and configured openssh to use another for testing purposes.

I find that about 80% of the time, I can do an ssh operation from my Cygwin laptop to the openssh server with no problem. But the other times I get an error "incorrect signature" which tells me the server sometimes returns a different signature than my client expected.

I was able to capture debug logging on both the SSH client and the SSH server when I executed "ssh router ls -a" (attached). But I have no way to figure out what the next step is.
It appears Entware's openssh-server is at fault.

Any comments or ideas?

Thanks,

Steven
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: