Convert my C5 to C7?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:37    Post subject: Convert my C5 to C7? Reply with quote
At the first time, sorry if this question is not good in this forum.
Actually, I have a Archer C5 v1.2 with dd-wrt, I read that, I can convert my actual Archer C5 to Archer C7 (are exact the same hardware).
In the tp-link support/downloads, the last firm for my archcer c5 is, for example, 4 years ago, the latest firm for C7 is 2 years ago.
Considering that I want to continue using ddwrt, I don't know if I'm really going to have any advantage or not.

This is my doubt...

Regards.
Sponsor
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
jxm wrote:
There is a thread discussing this:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=282965&postdays=0&postorder=asc
Note this post
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=282965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=21

Cheers

Thanks for your reply.

I imagined what is indicated in that thread, although we have in C5, using DDRWT, we have the same functions as the C7, it is the same hardware, the only difference from C5 to C7 (with firm tp link) is wifi, but with ddwrt It has the same function as C7.

I have looked at this because, with ddwrt I do not have any problems that with firm tp link if I have (speed drop when I put my isp router in bridge mode), even tp link did not know how to answer me.

With ddwrt this problem disappeared.

Now I have others, but that's better, in another thread Smile

Thanks, again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: