Tp-link WDR3500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Biker1bob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 17:29    Post subject: Tp-link WDR3500 Reply with quote
Hi, just flashed Ver1 of this to the firmware on the page.

It worked, but I lost use of all ethernet ports.

V24 sp2 is the version I flashed to.

Read a thread that talked about changing VLAN settings that there was a bug. But v24 sp2 has no VLAN settings that I can tell. There is also no other version of the firmware I can flash to. Any suggestions??

James
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't have your router, but here's the latest build r43136.

New Build - 05/13/2020 - r43136

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/05-13-2020-r43136/tplink_tl-wdr3500v1/

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation
Biker1bob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Found a thread that said it was fixed in a later build, and I did check I did not have the latest,

SO I have flashed with the latest I could find and the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your link.. its newer. What would be the difference between the webflash and the us-webflash?

James
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your router is manufactured for use in the United States, flash the US build. I'm not sure which countries the generic webflash covers, but I assume global (excluding USA).

Having upgraded from a really old build, if you run into strange issues consider a hardware reset to then reconfigure from scratch.

"With the Router powered on, press and hold the WPS/Reset button (approximately 8 seconds) until the SYSLED becomes quick-flash from slow-flash. And then release the button and wait the Router to reboot to its factory default settings."

Source: https://static.tp-link.com/resources/document/TL-WDR3500_V1_User_Guide_19100.pdf
Biker1bob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, up and running latest version. All is good.

James
Biker1bob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, so I have this great new up to date version.

But it would seem I cannot do a repeater bridge anymore, the option is missing.

I cannot do a WDS because everything I am reading is saying I need to have WDS setup on the server (which I cannot) and the client (this router)

SO.. I see with TP-Link there are online tutorials about setting up WDS with only the client connecting to the server only setting up WDS on the client.

I guess I might be better off trying to restore this to factory?

What I am trying to do is a wifi bridge to another room. I need mostly wired connections that I cannot wire a switch or router to.. I would have thought this no problem with the later version.

The business modem router is a Touchstone TG2472.. but this does not have WDS on it. Suggestions?

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: