Xiaomi MiWiFi R1D working build (Tested)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you still have a computer that hasn't been rebooted since it failed (guessing not) then you could get the MAC from `arp -a`...otherwise I guess you could take it apart and see if there's a MAC label inside.

If you're flashing the chip, you could try to read that block first, open in a hex editor, and see if the MAC is still available.

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Sponsor
epyshor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
If you still have a computer that hasn't been rebooted since it failed (guessing not) then you could get the MAC from `arp -a`...otherwise I guess you could take it apart and see if there's a MAC label inside.

If you're flashing the chip, you could try to read that block first, open in a hex editor, and see if the MAC is still available.

thanks. inside is no label with mac. and the chip was flashed with a custom firmware. and there is a generic mac now.

based on serial number. i will send an email to xiaomi
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
epyshor wrote:
Ah, does your serial number have 8CBEBE in it somewhere?
Ref: OUI string at...
    https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Xiaomi_MiWiFi_(R1D)
Or otherwise any of these strings:
https://hwaddress.com/company/xiaomi-communications-co-ltd

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
epyshor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
jwh7 wrote:
epyshor wrote:
Ah, does your serial number have 8CBEBE in it somewhere?
Ref: OUI string at...
    https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Xiaomi_MiWiFi_(R1D)
Or otherwise any of these strings:
https://hwaddress.com/company/xiaomi-communications-co-ltd

nope ....
mihaiolimpiu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:39    Post subject: Xiaomi R1D xVortex CFE FullDump Tomato NVRAM Reply with quote
Xiaomi R1D xVortex CFE FullDump Tomato NVRAM
As I've searched all over the internet for a full dump for this router to unbrick my unit I've decided to post a clean version for anyone to use if needed.
It's from my own router, but with a generic MAC.

If you want to use your own MAC, use the xVortex CFE editor to create a new CFE and just overwrite the first 256 KB of the file.

The structure I've used in creating the file is
256KB - CFE
16000 KB - SYS file
128KB - NVRAM

In Tomato, bricking the unit is caused when FULLY erasing NVRAM, bringing the values to defaults is no problem.
With the included xVortex CFE you will have access to the CFE by powering the unit while holding reset for 10 seconds. Only downside I've found is the power/connection LEDs don't work anymore.

A lot of sweat and blood was shed in unbricking/creating this dump from scratch (mostly understanding why it doesn't boot with only the CFE flashed and making the damn CH341A flasher work with Win 10 - use v1.18 ).

2021 edit: After flashing reset NVRAM by holding reset button for 10 seconds to make sure the required NVRAM values are present.
reset_gpio=17 (Reset Button is active)
wait_time=12 (Access CFE server time)
uart_en=1 (console is always active)
model=R1D (Router model)

r1d_cfe_mod_full_dump_clean.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  r1d_cfe_mod_full_dump_clean.zip
 Filesize:  14.3 MB
 Downloaded:  1261 Time(s)

Last edited by mihaiolimpiu on Sun Jan 17, 2021 13:20; edited 1 time in total
wolfwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
How to use this Clean Dump?
I have bricked my xiaomi r1d , i cleared NVRam on Fresh Tomato now only orange light and lights on back blink, lan connects and disconnects, what to do?
Restore with miwifi.bin doesnt work, orange light not blinking
mihaiolimpiu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Necro thread, but here goes:
You need a CH341A flasher to hardware flash the router, it works with Win 10 - use v1.18 as stated.
GRUHA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is any possible to make Xiaomi Mi Router R1D a CLOUD ? whit 24/7 connect to web. it is possible ?

i want have possible to download data from hdd being in another city
olifr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I broke my R1D by clearing the NVRAM on Tomato and I am now trying to flash with the CH341A but I can't get the chip to read (even less write) to the router.

I have connected TXD, RXD and GND to the J252 socket but then unsure what to do next.

Is there any place online that explains how to interact with a J252 socket? Or how to flash the NVRAM to the router?
olifr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
mihaiolimpiu wrote:
Necro thread, but here goes:
You need a CH341A flasher to hardware flash the router, it works with Win 10 - use v1.18 as stated.

Can I use the TTL J252 connection?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read through this thread now before it's cleaned up. The only way to de-brick is to remove the flash chip and use a programmer.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
olifr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks kernel-panic69

Can I just use a clip (like https://www.amazon.co.uk/HALJIA-Testing-Socket-Adpter-Programmer/dp/B0713V5GGL/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=ch341a+with+clip&qid=1589536341&sr=8-8) to read the chip or that won't work?

The chipset looks like to be a Winbond 25q128fvsq and looking around some people read it with a clip.

IMG_8251.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.03 KB
 Viewed:  9486 Time(s)

IMG_8251.jpg

kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is worth a try.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
mihaiolimpiu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
From what I remember, I think you need to actually desolder the chip, I don't remember why I desoldered it, but it didn't worked if I tried to leave the chip in circuit. There are also some resistors around the chip that can interfere with a clip.

Anyways, to desolder it easily with a small tip soldering iron, just tin together the pins on both sides, and slowly, while inserting the tip of a surgical needle below the chip work on both sides alternatiovely, SLOWLY lifting the chip, never applying too much force.
You'll lift it in under 2 minutes, you just need to have patience, as forcing the chip to lift can lift the pads probably (I used this method to lift al kinds of SMD chips and it works because the metal pins have a certain give to them).
Never lifted any pads, but well I know my way around a soldering iron.

I revisited the thread as, well, even with Vortex CFE installed I managed to brick it again.

Words of wisdom: always use the CFE to flash and reset NVRAM to defaults. Seems to be the only method which actually never failed when you need to fully reset the router. Bricks are caused by selecting Clean NVRAM Throughly when updating firmware (TOMATO).

Dirty flashing and resetting NVRAM to defaults always seemed to work.

NOTE: Black CH341A users shoul apply the 3.3V fix as explained on this page (last paragraph).
marcio_fsa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:40    Post subject: Ajuda Reply with quote
I would like to update My Xiaomi R1D Router, but I was unable to set the new IP on the router. It seems that everyone understands the procedure well and I am a bit stupid.

I perform the procedures below successfully.
nvram set boot_wait = on
nvram set wait_time = 10
nvram commit

Is there a command to change the router's IP?
I already have the developer stock ROM. After the IP change, does the CFE panel appear to upload the new firmware?

Thanks in advance.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: