v24 - 2 SSID with Chillispot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Afonso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:06    Post subject: v24 - 2 SSID with Chillispot Reply with quote
I've installed v24 and configured 2 SSID. The main SSID has WEP and the second is open. I would like to get Chillispot to work only on the second virtual interface and the dhcp server only on the first. Is this possible? How? Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
right now it will just work on the first one

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I bridge the virtual interface I have a DHCP conflit. If I unbridge the virtual interface, I can't have Internet on it. I can't even ping the IP address I gave to it. So, how can I give Internet to the unbridged virtual interface? Thanks for the help BS.
AndyD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Based on BS's responce, cant you just swap the SSIDs ? Making the main one the open one ?
Afonso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been editing /tmp/chilli.conf and /tmp/dnsmasq.conf by hand so I don't think that's the problem. I can of course switch the 2 interfaces but I would still have the same problem:
DHCP server conflict (bridged mode) or the virtual interface will not work (unbridged mode).
If there's anyway to give Internet to an unbridged virtual interface I think everything would work.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
AndyD wrote:
Based on BS's responce, cant you just swap the SSIDs ? Making the main one the open one ?

can you just swap your virtual ssid configuration

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Afonso wrote:
I've been editing /tmp/chilli.conf and /tmp/dnsmasq.conf by hand so I don't think that's the problem. I can of course switch the 2 interfaces but I would still have the same problem:
DHCP server conflict (bridged mode) or the virtual interface will not work (unbridged mode).
If there's anyway to give Internet to an unbridged virtual interface I think everything would work.

if you configure your chilli.conf per hand and if you use the interface wl0.1 for chilli it will work in unbridged mode

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
It works!!! If I don't give any IP address to wl0.1 averything work just fine. Thanks a lot for your help and this great firmware!
Afonso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer, just another little question: how can I say to chillispot to use wl0.1 on the nvram settings? I tried "nvram set chilli_interface=wl0.1" but when I check chilli.conf after reboot I had "dhcpif vlan0". Is there anyway around this or am I missing something? Thanks again.
ndemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did same configuration (add new virtual interface wl0.1 and no IP on wl0.1) Afonso but I dont get any IP from wl0.1. Seems to me no DHCP server running on it.

what do you think is the problem.
ndemir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did same configuration (add new virtual interface wl0.1 and no IP on wl0.1) Afonso but I dont get any IP from wl0.1. Seems to me no DHCP server running on it.

what do you think is the problem.

Not: wl0.1 network configuration = unbridged

Many thanks
Afonso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
uncheck "Use DNSMasq for DHCP" and "Use DNSMasq for DNS"

edit /tmp/chilli.conf and change

dhcpif br0

to

dhcpif wl0.1

then

$killall chilli && /usr/sbin/chilli -c /tmp/chilli.conf

and do NOT reboot the router. It worked for me Smile
IEFtm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there a way to apply the new configuration to /tmp/chilli.conf
and restart Chillispot on startup ?

I've tried running commands as a startup script, but that didn't work properly.

Maybe it would be an idea to add a field "custom interface" on the Chillispot page,
as so a user can enter an interface themselves? e.g. wl0.1 or others?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: