For several years I used my WRT1900ACv1 as my main router.
I also used it as a VPN client, so that everything (wifi and ethernet) in the house was under the VPN.
For over a year it sat on r31924 as all later builds were unstable on v1.
Eventually I bought an EA8500 and relegated the WRT1900v1 to AP duties.
Once DD-WRT finally fixed the v1 issues I have run both routers with the latest builds.
Most of the v1 builds have been ok for use as a switch and AP - currently both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi are running ok.
I do remember that I had done a full reset and setup from scratch a couple of years ago after a bad build (too large) had bricked the v1.
I don't know why the v1 would have issues on the current build - mine seems quite stable, but I don't ask too much of it these days; the EA8500 does the heavy lifting.
Maybe a factory reset and manual setup of the WRT1900v1 on the latest r42926 would be worthwhile - it's still a capable router. _________________ ------------------------------------
Linksys EA8500 DD-WRT r44632 (Gateway)
Linksys WRT1900ACv1 DD-WRT r44628 (AP)
Netgear/Telstra V7610 (spare AP)
Billion BiPAC 7800NXL (spare AP)
Netgear WNDR3700v4 DD-WRT r44538 (spare Gateway + OpenVPN Client)