Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:40 Post subject: Re: Installed FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img but now no login p
I am leaving this up in case someone else sees it but the issue was Firefox. Soon as I finished posting, I used a different browser and everything works fine.
I'm still curious why I could not connect using SSH/Putty but presume because I was not using the correct username/password. I had tried the defaults that I found in this thread (root and password) but that didn't seem to work with Putty.
Experienced programmer but weak in networking.
Issue: I successfully installed FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img using the Factory GUI, and the installation apparently competed properly with reset. But now the login page is a grey screen with no fields to input (user/pass). The router responds to pings, and SSH attempts respond with "connection refused."
Question: I understand there are two partitions so the original factory partition (no longer active) is still there. I have the factory bin to reinstall to return my router to original and start over, but cannot seem to access the router as Putty and WinSCP both say connection refused. So I don't know how to get the original factory image on (or switch which partition the router is using back to the factory).
What I did.
* Read this thread (multiple times and other sites as well for user experience)
* Opted to just do the minimalist first (the less than 1/2 size img file) and see how it goes (rather than use two partitions to maintain the factory)
* Went into the factory GUI under the Admin tab and installed FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img as the new firmware.
* Router checked it and came back with "install" button
* Pressed install and took a few minutes and then I believe the router mentioned install complete (I know it said install almost complete at one point) and then the router rebooted
* Once rebooted, I went into 192.168.1.1 via a browser and I get a grey screen.
The router responds to pings. It rejects SSH attempts. It "looks" good as per the LED lights, but I cannot administer it.
I would say for a basic configuration you will have no problems upgrading from r41813 to r42335 while keeping the same config.
If you decide to configure Samba, OpenVPN, WireGuard or in general have an advanced configuration before the upgrade to 02-10-2020 please expect issues until you reconfigure some things (possibly a hard reset or "nvram erase && reboot" in order to start over fresh).
"ubootenv get boot_part" is a dd-wrt command.
"fw_printenv boot_part" is a stock venom linksys firmware command (openwrt).
You need to do some more reading. Here are some of the main helpful threads (there are others).