WRT3200ACM and should I upgrade from 40559?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
mehrdadr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:51    Post subject: WRT3200ACM and should I upgrade from 40559? Reply with quote
Hi everybody,

First I'm just a useless noob so don't be shocked if I write something stupid and my apologies in advance.

I have the WRT3200ACM and installed the 40559 couple months ago. Few minor problems but in general I'm very happy with it. I had another older EA6900 and successfully installed the 40559 using it as a repeater-bridge to extend my WRT3200 coverage.

Couple of the issues with 40559 I can think of is that the NAS settings has to be applied every time I restart the router, otherwise nobody can access. So I jist go to the GUI and NAS and apply and then it works.

The other issue is that I used to see the faster speed of 5ghz with linksys original firmware and by keeping the "option click on wifi" in my mac I could see or a bit more than 1000mbs on wifi and now this happens very rare and I usually see something about 300mbps and I can see the slower wifi speed when I transfer files to the hard disk attached to the router.
I also could never setup my nordvpn working with the 40559, tried many times and it just never works.
Now do I get any of these stuff to work better by going to higher versions posted in this tread?
Again I would thank all of you, can't express how happy I am by changing the original firmware of linksys to dd-wrt. My old EA6900 didn't even have a repeater mode, and now it works perfectly 😁
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't use the router database.

Installation Wiki

Where Do I Download Firmware?

Firmware FAQ

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/

Itchy finger on the button to lock this thread and break out the magic eraser.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
mehrdadr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Don't use the router database.

Installation Wiki

Where Do I Download Firmware?

Firmware FAQ

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/

Itchy finger on the button to lock this thread and break out the magic eraser.

Is this going to help me?!!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you read the linked wikis, it will be to your benefit.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
(kp69: magic eraser... Smile )

re your NAS problem, on some routers for some builds, a line like this in your GUI>Administration>Startup section will take care of it:

{ sleep 30; stopservice samba3; startservice samba3; } &

I'll add my vote to the guys above re (1) never trusting the router database (which is not really maintained) and (2) finding which forum goes with your particular router and then perusing new-build threads there carefully before flashing a build. Failure to do that can result in a bricked router, as not all builds work well, and a few won't work at all. You need to see what problems others have encountered. No need to tell us that this is not reasonable. We know. It is what it is.

A lot of people lately have mentioned NordVPN being difficult to set up. I used to use it OK, but I switched to AirVPN (the how-to is in my sig below) a few months ago and have never looked back. The last time I tried to help some newcomer set up Nord by sharing my old setup, it was a dead end. I have no idea what they've changed. I still use Nord on my phone though, just because its app has a convenient feature: automatically connecting EXCEPT when I'm on my home wifi where I use the router's vpn. Every vpn provider, AFAIK, has some form of automatically connecting. Not all have the EXCEPT capability. (PIA has it also.)

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: