SAMBA working on macOS ?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
blackraiin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 18:36    Post subject: SAMBA working on macOS ?!?!? Reply with quote
I am wondering if there has been a fix/resolution for SAMBA working for Apple products (Macs', Macbooks' Apple TVs' etc). I am currently using the last build from Dec '19. (forgot the build number)

I am using a Netgear R9000 that allows to view files that are on my external hard drive. I have video files that I stream to my Apple TV from a couple of network hard drives.

I think the implementation that was introduced when I wasn't able to view my files anymore was "wsdd2" was my understanding from browsing the forum (correct me if I am wrong).

Any help input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
WSD is Web Services for Devices, a Microsoft API and wsdd2 is for Windows discovery.

You will need something like Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD for Apple devices to see the shares without having to access them directly.

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6967

Someone will need to make a request, then fingers crossed. Maybe it's already there however, I haven't checked.

I know there is an Entware package for Avahi. Eventually, Windows 10 will migrate to mDNS/DNS-SD.
blackraiin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the input ... I pray someone submits a request. I will look into seeing how I can do that myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: