Virtual iface issue after restart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
tembares
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:17    Post subject: Virtual iface issue after restart Reply with quote
Good day,
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully I contribute to make DD-WRT a better product.

I installed my Netgear R6700v3 router with a wl0, wl0.1 and wl0.2. I use the virtual ifaces to connect my IOT devices with, and an access point for guests. After installation all devices do connect.

I am working on installing Wireguard as a client to a VPN service. I set up the tunnel and scripts and reboot the router. Because I had difficulties with the Wireguard installation, I decided to set everything back to the settings before.
TIP: make it easy for us to install and add it as default to the menu.

Everytime I reboot the router, the virtual SSID sends out its name, but the devices do not connect. If I delete the virtual iface, save and apply the config, and add the virtual iface again, it works. I even don't have to enter the wl0.1 wireless password, because it's set already from the time before.

Hopefully this helps to make the DD-WRT product better. I am able to follow instructions, if you like me to test for you.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
This isn't the Broadcom forum. You did not mention what build number you are referring to. And if you say 40559 or any other build listed on the router database:

Generic Installation Wiki

Firmware FAQ Wiki

Where do I download firmware?

Broadcom Forum (English)

Quote:
3. VAPs not working at boot fixed for unbridged VAPs with r40564:40566. Workaround startup command:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas (there are a few alternatives to search)

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
tembares
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your solution.
I thought I had read that my router had an ARM processor Confused

Moderator: this topic can marked as SOLVED

Navigation

Jump to: