Day 5 of Quarantine - DD-WRT/VPN Combo drops after 1 hour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
papagolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 17:47    Post subject: Day 5 of Quarantine - DD-WRT/VPN Combo drops after 1 hour Reply with quote
Hey guys,

So I've finally got DD-WRT installed on my router, but have a couple of snags:-

- I'm up and running with DD-WRT v3.0-r42747 and Express VPN. It connects perfectly but only seems to hold the VPN connection for about an hour. At that point, all of the 'geo-critical' services stop working. ( I live in a moderated part of the world....)
If I then go into Status-OpenVPN, all of the connection information appears to have dropped (ie No Client: CONNECTED SUCCESS message), and the only way I appear able to re-connect is by re-clicking 'Save/Apply Settings' on one of the other menus.

Should it not hold the VPN connection indefinitely or are VPN dropouts a normal experience?

Is anyone please able to assist? Thanks
Sponsor
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sometimes they do drop but like you said it shouldn't drop every hour. Try disabling CVE-2019-14899 Mitigation, its enabled by default. Its the second option right above your server IP. I’d been using PIA (Private Internet Access) for years (with old build) but decided to try NordVPN about two days ago and seen the same issue as you with the dropped connection. I disabled CVE-2019-14899 Mitigation yesterday and was up 20 hours until minutes ago when I flashed to build r42803 Disable it & reboot router and monitor again. YMMV so good luck

ASRock J3455B-ITX Quad Core / 8-GB of Ram pfsense 2.4.5-RELEASE <--Speedtest
Linksys EA8500 - DD-WRT v3.0-r42803 std (03/25/20)as OpenVPN client behind pfsense box
Linksys EA8500 - DD-WRT v3.0-r42803 std (03/25/20)as Access Point
ISP info: optimum |ARRIS SURFboard SB8200
XPEnology DS3615xs
Not a Guru, just a dd-wrt aficionado...
papagolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Appears to be working well, thank you for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: