Google Chromecast problem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please tell us all the devices and how they are being used and/or connected to each other.

Again, I think you have way too much going on and too many devices broadcasting a wifi signal causing your phone and chromecast to connect to different devices and so your phone can't see the chromecast because they are each connected to different devices, hence networks.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
Sponsor
steveone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
Please tell us all the devices and how they are being used and/or connected to each other.

Again, I think you have way too much going on and too many devices broadcasting a wifi signal causing your phone and chromecast to connect to different devices and so your phone can't see the chromecast because they are each connected to different devices, hence networks.

Dodocool repeater is only to make a wifi connection in 5 ghz to Vodafone router. No devices are connected to dodocool with wifi. I have hidden SSID.
in TPLINK router wifi is disabled.
All devices are conneced to AP Symbol
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why do you have the AP Symbol AP-7522I connected in the first place? Why can't the TP-Link handle all that itself?

Again, you have too many devices in the whole system.

The bad part is that you cannot WDS back to your vodafone router b/c it has a broadcom chipset and your TP-Link is Atheros so they can't talk to each other...

I am guessing at this point, but you have two, or three networks going on with all the devices in the system...You need to create one network so everything can see everything.

I am declining to further help on this at this point.
Maybe someone else with more free time can chime in now.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R7800] resting
steveone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
Why do you have the AP Symbol AP-7522I connected in the first place? Why can't the TP-Link handle all that itself?

Again, you have too many devices in the whole system.

The bad part is that you cannot WDS back to your vodafone router b/c it has a broadcom chipset and your TP-Link is Atheros so they can't talk to each other...

I am guessing at this point, but you have two, or three networks going on with all the devices in the system...You need to create one network so everything can see everything.

I am declining to further help on this at this point.
Maybe someone else with more free time can chime in now.

TPLINK is only 2.4 Ghz. 7522I is also 5 ghz and my devices are very fast. Understand?
And I want to separe 2 LAN: Vodafone 192.168.1.X are my father network and my network is 192.168.2.X. I don't want to share my devices.
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't use the TP-Link for any wifi- Only use the Wing 7522 because it has much better wifi both on 2.4 and 5ghz. Only use the TP-Link to act as a new DHCP server for your 192.168.2.1 subnet.

The other issue is with DNS. Since you are piggybacking off the vodafone router, that device will/may ultimately control dns stuff and not the TP-Link even though you want the TP-Link to handle that. I would set all your DNS settings on the vodafone router. Your TP-link should leave the static DNS all blank which will then rely on the vodafone router settings.

The other issue is that you will be doing dual/double NAT which will slow things down. AFAIK, I don't think you can alleviate that with the setup you are proposing.

Try that as a start.
You won't be needing the custom dnsmasq stuff I mentioned earlier.

[R7800] resting
steveone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
Don't use the TP-Link for any wifi- Only use the Wing 7522 because it has much better wifi both on 2.4 and 5ghz. Only use the TP-Link to act as a new DHCP server for your 192.168.2.1 subnet.

The other issue is with DNS. Since you are piggybacking off the vodafone router, that device will/may ultimately control dns stuff and not the TP-Link even though you want the TP-Link to handle that. I would set all your DNS settings on the vodafone router. Your TP-link should leave the static DNS all blank which will then rely on the vodafone router settings.

The other issue is that you will be doing dual/double NAT which will slow things down. AFAIK, I don't think you can alleviate that with the setup you are proposing.

Try that as a start.
You won't be needing the custom dnsmasq stuff I mentioned earlier.

Ok but now it works all...only chromecast doesn't work.
Must I delete now these settings?

domain-needed
bogus-priv
no-resolv
server=1.1.1.1
server=8.8.4.4
server=8.8.8.8
no-negcache
filterwin2k
steveone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please tell me if I need to restore settings (before your settings)
Thank you.
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
My suggestion would be to remove the settings from the tp-link router since your Vodafone router will be handling all of it.
You can try and leave the seeting in, but it would be better to have the Vodafone router to everything in terms of DNS.

[R7800] resting
steveone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
My suggestion would be to remove the settings from the tp-link router since your Vodafone router will be handling all of it.
You can try and leave the seeting in, but it would be better to have the Vodafone router to everything in terms of DNS.

Ok but I think vodafone router is managed by vodafone...I can't change all settings...
hazard209
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently had some issues with a second gen chromecast and 5ghz wifi. It turned out the channel I had picked couldn't be read by the chromecast. Try some different channels and see if that helps.
steveone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok thank you all for help but I understand this problem is difficult to solve.
I ask if better restore the original settings before the changes you suggested to me
steveone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
I think you local DNS settings are the cause of your issues.

make gateway and local DNS: 0.0.0.0 for both

Also, you should add a third static DNS3, I use 1.1.1.1

Then you will need to tweak your Dnsmasq settings at Services>Services Tab

You will need to add the DNS's in reverse order so copy and paste the below into the Additional Dnsmasq Options:

domain-needed
bogus-priv
no-resolv
server=1.1.1.1
server=8.8.4.4
server=8.8.8.8
no-negcache
filterwin2k

Hi, must I delete this settings ?

make gateway and local DNS: 0.0.0.0 for both

Also, you should add a third static DNS3, I use 1.1.1.1

and dditional Dnsmasq?
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
First, you need to see what settings you can change on your vodafone router. I don't have one, and never will, to be able to see the settings myself to help you. Start with that first. If you can use the custom google DNS on the vodafone router, then make the changes there and revert all the changes on the tp-link to the default DNS settings.

If you cannot change your vodafone settings, then you can try and keep the custom DNS settings on the TP-Link, but realize your DNS may leak because of the vodafone router. google around for a DNS leak website to test your tp-link.

As I stated before, don't use the TP-link for anything outside plain routing and LAN, disable the wifi completely and have your other access point do all the work. Your chromecast should start working with your phone if they both connect to the same AP. Right now you are connecting to two separate AP's.

[R7800] resting
steveone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:
First, you need to see what settings you can change on your vodafone router. I don't have one, and never will, to be able to see the settings myself to help you. Start with that first. If you can use the custom google DNS on the vodafone router, then make the changes there and revert all the changes on the tp-link to the default DNS settings.

If you cannot change your vodafone settings, then you can try and keep the custom DNS settings on the TP-Link, but realize your DNS may leak because of the vodafone router. google around for a DNS leak website to test your tp-link.

As I stated before, don't use the TP-link for anything outside plain routing and LAN, disable the wifi completely and have your other access point do all the work. Your chromecast should start working with your phone if they both connect to the same AP. Right now you are connecting to two separate AP's.

No, I am connecting to the same AP...
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I give up on you....best of luck!

[R7800] resting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: