RT-AC87U DD-WRT support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
valberti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried 2 FW versions at my ASYS RT-AC87R at repeater mode:
1. DD-WRT v3.0-r42557 std (02/28/20)
2. DD-WRT v3.0-r42617 std (03/05/20)
2.4 GHz ap used at uplink directios at REPEATER mode. 2.4 GHz vap and 5GHz ap are used at downlink direction.
Both of FW present the same bug: after power restart, somehow 2.4 GHz vap settings get corrupted.
That makes impossible for old clients (without 5 GHz band) to connect (SSID is visible, connections are refused, tried several phones and PCs).
To restore, always need to delete and recreate 2.4 GHz vap. The 5GHz ap is not affected so far.
What could be a solution to avoid such corruption during power restart?
I faced absolutely the same problem than using AC-RT68P with one of the latest DD-WRT FW as the repeater

AC_RT87R_repeater.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.54 KB
 Viewed:  7449 Time(s)

AC_RT87R_repeater.PNG

Sponsor
stephensuley
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just updated my 87u to the last build and it broke my client bridge network mode. Everything else still seems to work. However when I switch to client bridge , nothing, wl0 shows no TX or RX. I've reset and hard reset, and I downgraded and reset again....no change.....

It was working fine before the last build.

Latest and greatest builds Wink
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
stephensuley wrote:
I just updated my 87u to the last build and it broke my client bridge network mode. Everything else still seems to work. However when I switch to client bridge , nothing, wl0 shows no TX or RX. I've reset and hard reset, and I downgraded and reset again....no change.....

Not sure what build you had before, but this verbiage has been in build release thread posts for at least two years (and I need to fix the order in which it is in the posts):

Quote:
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
2. WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices (only MIPS<->MIPS)

Notes:
3. Bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work in some configurations in certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead as WDS doesn't work with Broadcom ARM either (see Issues below).

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
stephensuley
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
stephensuley wrote:

Not sure what build you had before, but this verbiage has been in build release thread posts for at least two years (and I need to fix the order in which it is in the posts):

Quote:
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
2. WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices (only MIPS<->MIPS)

Notes:
3. Bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work in some configurations in certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead as WDS doesn't work with Broadcom ARM either (see Issues below).

I've been using Client bridge with every build without issue on my 87u until this build.

Now, no matter what build I load nothing but AP mode seems to work. All client modes show no TX, will not connect. However if I do a site survey it shows the network I'm trying to connect to as a client.

Something strange going on here.

Any other ideas?

Latest and greatest builds Wink
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I answered in the build thread. Most likely something that is still under development related to autochannel, perhaps. The lack of your reporting regularly in past build threads kind of hurts other people, but that is just my $0.02

----------------------
mindtrip
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
stephensuley wrote:

I've been using Client bridge with every build without issue on my 87u until this build.

Now, no matter what build I load nothing but AP mode seems to work. All client modes show no TX, will not connect. However if I do a site survey it shows the network I'm trying to connect to as a client.

Could you be so kind as to tell us the last build you used where client bridging worked? I would like to flash DD-WRT to my 87u and only need it to serve as a client bridge; knowing which was the last build you ran that worked for this would be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance!
Mr.R™
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone had an issue where the 5Ghz band is open and no matter what wireless security you set it stays open?

I've tried a full reset and it still happens, it started around the December 2019 builds and occurs in every one since even with a full reset, i'm not sure what build it was where 5Ghz worked properly but before updating to the Dec builds i was likely on an early 2019 build but no idea which one.

I'm currently on r42872 std (04/10/20) and use ipv4/6, dhcp with some static leases, usb, optware (or whatever its called these days), netdata, port forwarding and qos (htb/fq codel) if any of that may be causing issues.

If this is a reoccurring issue and I've just missed the fix can someone point me to said fix?

Thanks in advance guys.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
This thread was started to add the device to the firmware. It was never meant as a one-stop-shop helpdesk thread. Please open a new topic or use the search function in the forum or report post-flash issues in the appropriate build thread. Thank you.

----------------------
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 Display posts from previous:    Page 27 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: