Can't connect to tv cloud services

wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:06    Post subject: Can't connect to tv cloud services Reply with quote
Hi,
I have my isp router in mode bridge, connect my tp link archer c5 with dd-wrt, all fine but...
My isp give me TV (my isp its Ono-Vodafone, not FTTH, are HFC) and the decoder of tv its connect to coaxial and lan to router.
If connect with dd-wrt I can't give the options that are in the cloud, like records or 7 days ago (also, are in the cloud), when try some this services appears a message: Can't connect.
If my tp-link have the default firm of tp link, I don't have this problem, only its with dd-wrt.

I search a lot, are some users in my country with this problem, and I don't know how and/or where search more.
I don't have more iddeas for solved this.

Any help, welcome is Smile

Thanks and regards.
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
What are the settings on the smart TV, Ip address etc?

Can your smart TV reach other sites or netflix etc?

Are you using the DNS server from the ISP for your router?
This might be a prerequisite?

With HFC you are meaning that you have coax coming in to the house which is split in coax to your TV and coax to your Modem (which is in bridge mode ) so that basically your TV also has an ethernet port connected to your router for networking?

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
What are the settings on the smart TV, Ip address etc?

My smart tv are connect by cable, the ip is for DHCP and also I try to fix the ip

Quote:
Can your smart TV reach other sites or netflix etc?

Yes, with no problem, smart tv others sites, netflix, all other can connect fine.

Quote:
Are you using the DNS server from the ISP for your router?

I try with my dns (of google) and the dns of my ISP, same result.
Quote:
This might be a prerequisite?

I think that not, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
With HFC you are meaning that you have coax coming in to the house which is split in coax to your TV and coax to your Modem (which is in bridge mode ) so that basically your TV also has an ethernet port connected to your router for networking?

Yes, correct, coax in my house to my isp router (also to tv for channels) to my isp router, a rj45 to my tp link router, and this other rj45 from tp link to smart tv.
Works fine the services of cloud tv of my isp (vodafone-ono) with original firmware of tp link, if use dd-wrt, this services not load.

Thanks and regards!!
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any have any iddea?
For me, I lost some new iddeas for test... Smile

My ISP not indicate anything about this to me...obviously, if I mentioned ddwrt in third part router...its my problem.

I forget indicate in my first post, I'm in Docsis 3.0, for this reasson I have coaxial to router isp and decoder isp, but a wired cable from decoder isp to router isp.
I made more tests, and reconfigurations, but any work...

I can attach photos of decoder.

Thanks in advanced.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you enabled Multicast on the WAN?
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Have you enabled Multicast on the WAN?

Hi, thanks for you reply.

In Networking - Port Setup):
I have disabled:
Multicast To Unicast
Then, I have enabled multicast.

In the subject I indicate "Cloud Services" I don't know it this is the "name", but, I view chanels tv (are per coaxial) but also, I have access to youtube, netflix and similares (by decoder of my isp) but the services:
Records and Last 7 days, are the problem, appears: Can't connect.
This 2 services, Records (are my records that are saved in the cloud) and "Last 7 days" are all programation in all channels in the last 7 daysthat I can access for view (also I asume are in the cloud).

Again, thank you very much!
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Security->Firewall

Untick Filter Multicast
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Security->Firewall

Untick Filter Multicast

For try, I disable Firewall...

Thank you!

I appreciate the help, this is important to me, because if I can get it to work I will be able to use DD-WRT 100% in everything I want, so now I have ddwrt used only for certain functions.
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, finally I have managed to solve this, and all the services work for me through dd-wrt! Smile I am delighted with it.
I could not say, what is the parameter or configuration that makes this work, I can indicate the steps I have taken, in my country, I know that all of us who have the same ISP with the same TV service and use dd-wrt have this problem, I'm going to expose you to see if something happens to you, because exactly, I don't know what it is.

The first thing I did was configure my dd-wrt correctly based on how I had it connected, seeing that I could not use all the tv services with ddwrt, what I did was:
The router of my ISP configured as a router, from this router, cable to my ISP's TV decoder and another cable to the tp-link with ddwrt.
I followed these instructions (I really appreciate who indicated it to me) to correctly configure the tp-link with ddwrt when we have another main router, and the dd-wrt is not the main one:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1194674#1194674 (Post 2)

Once I had it configured like this, the cloud services of tv of my isp obviously worked well because the decoder was connected directly to the router of my isp (this configured as router).

A few days later, I started testing, first I configured my router from my ISP in bridge mode (which is how I want) and I connected everything to the tp-link with ddwrt, including the decoder of my isp, I observed that the cloud tv functions from my isp they worked fine.

So little by little, I was reconfiguring dd-wrt to its normal or default configuration as when we have it as the main router (so it was, isp router in bridge mode, so it becomes a simple "modem" and tp-link with dd-wrt as the main router), I was reconfiguring everything, with each change I made, saved changes and applied, and observed, all services continued to work.
So, up to the point of leaving it configured as the default as the main router and ... voila, everything worked !!!
I rebooted the router, everything was still working too!

There is only one field that I left as it was, but it is strange that: Administration-> Routing: Disabled.

And now comes the really interesting!
I made a backup of the configuration that the router had at that time, because everything worked perfectly for me.
I went to Administration-restore defaults.
When restarting, the same as before, the tv cloud services from my isp, failed again.

So, I uploaded the previous backup I had made.

I restart the router and .... the most surprising thing ... it still didn't work !! I was still having the same problems, but when I did the backup it worked fine.

I re-recorded the complete firm (same version, of course), then I loaded again the backup that I had previously made when everything worked for me, and it still didn't work ..... !!?

Solution, I reconfigured dd-wrt as in the previous link (being the router of my isp the main one), after that, I reconfigured the router of my isp as bridge, and I repeated the previous steps, configuring the router again as the main router, and again it works for me again !!

I've loaded newer firms, and it's always worked for me, but I am "scared" of restoring to default values.

Strange and curious, I do backup when everything works well, I restore default values, I load the backup, and it doesn't work ... that has me very very intrigued ...

After this long and extensive post ... I hope that you are all well, that you are handling this critical situation as best as possible because of the covid-19 and that yours are well!

Regards.
idlewise
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
The software also offers freemake video converter to save videos from YouTube and other popular Internet services. This works this way, the application searches for the video by the link and then starts to install it in the selected folder. This way you can access it directly from your device using a media player. Convenient and practical feature for each user.
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
idlewise wrote:
The software also offers freemake video converter to save videos from YouTube and other popular Internet services. This works this way, the application searches for the video by the link and then starts to install it in the selected folder. This way you can access it directly from your device using a media player. Convenient and practical feature for each user.

No, isn't the case, finally I can resolve editin de config of dd-wrt in administration section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: