lost my wifi

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Ninjanoir78
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 16:45    Post subject: lost my wifi Reply with quote
hi,

first time i see that, I wanted to update my build, with the new one on my 1900acs v2, the only thing i did, I plugged the router via lan in my pc (laptop) thats it, just plug in. and I lost internet..... i try to connect to my 5ghz or 2.4, nothing happens. My cell and other devices, no problem.

I reseted my network, I uninstalled my network card etc.

ok now, i can connect to my 2.4, but not on my 5...

do you have an idea?
thanks
Sponsor
u251
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Code:
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Gateway
DD-WRT v3.0-r42514 std (02/25/20)
Linux 4.9.214 #1632 SMP armv7l

Does your wireless status show Channel "Unknown" for 5G
Ninjanoir78
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm ok now , the problem was only on my pc.. so the problem should be on my network card.. dont know.
I've had the problem again this morning..
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
This build has intermittent wifi radio startup issues. It's really a flip of the coin.

For now the solution is to manually set channels (don't use auto).

Other solutions are to restart the router, restart wifi interface, click apply or save/apply in wireless basic settings.

Once both radios are up and running you should be fine. Fingers crossed for the next build.
Fahim2020
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:59    Post subject: Wifi not stable? Reply with quote
Reading many feedback, I thought this build was a better one. Am i right to undertand that this 42514 got wifi startup issue?

blkt wrote:
This build has intermittent wifi radio startup issues. It's really a flip of the coin.

For now the solution is to manually set channels (don't use auto).

Other solutions are to restart the router, restart wifi interface, click apply or save/apply in wireless basic settings.

Once both radios are up and running you should be fine. Fingers crossed for the next build.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's highly dependent on the router model and r42514 is affected to a much lesser degree than r42460 as most of it was resolved.

I got lucky on EA8500 with only one extra boot needed on r42460 to get it running and r42514 is flawless so far (for me).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: