Possible to set up a Captive Portal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
wrybread
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:55    Post subject: Possible to set up a Captive Portal? Reply with quote
I'm trying to set up a "captive portal", currently using Ubiquiti hardware. While that works, it requires me to have the controller software running 24/7 on some computer on the network. That seems a little clunky.

My captive portal needs to:

- show some configurable welcome page after they connect, requiring them to press a "connect" button

- don't need a link to Terms of Use (though it's fine if it's there)

- after clicking Connect it can either redirect to a new page or close

- no need to charge $$ or have username or anything like that

- needs to be separate from the rest of the network

- the ability to throttle the connection and block certain websites or services

- ideally a bit of logging of how people are using our network. Nothing about them personally of course, just trying to make sure people don't abuse it.

- ideally the ability to expand the wifi network by adding new access points

Can DD-WRT do this?

If so, it's been awhile since I used DD-WRT, what's the current recommended hardware for it? We don't mind spending a few bucks to get some good stable hardware if it'll make our lives easier in the end.

If not, any suggestions for something that does this without the need for a server running on some other computer?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: