YAMon v4... usage totals by device

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi al_c, just one question (I want to try Yamon 4): there’s a uninstaller also? Or where the installer script put all of its things to remove them manually?

Thanks alot for your work Arrow
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
giuliomagnifico wrote:
Hi al_c, just one question (I want to try Yamon 4): there’s a uninstaller also? Or where the installer script put all of its things to remove them manually?

Thanks alot for your work Arrow

ATM, there is no automated uninstall. I'm still trying to streamline the setup & configuration process Smile

YAMon puts things into a couple of places.

On the device(s) you use to access the reports:
- YAMon creates and retains entries in a LocalStorage variable... you can clear the LS variable by going to the Settings tab in the reports and clicking `Reset Settings` (or you can manually remove the entry via the browser console window)
NB - you will have to repeat this on every device which you used to *access* the reports (not *all* devices on your network, just the ones from which you viewed the reports)

Settings on your Router:
- in iptables: run `clear-iptables.sh`... run it again just to be sure that all of the chains & rules were removed
- in your firmware Admin UI... open the UI and remove the entries from the startup & shutdown scripts

Files on your Router:
- in /opt/YAMon4/... either unplug the USB drive or erase the contents of /opt/YAMon4/
- in /tmp/yamon... delete that directory
- in /tmp/www... delete that directory

Did I miss anything?

At this point, it probably would not hurt to reboot your router.

Okey dokey?

Al

If you use and like YAMon and have not done so recently, please consider making a donation - thanks!
YAMon GitHub Repository
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great thanks Cool
wildblue52
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:05    Post subject: Re: Device names Reply with quote
al_c wrote:

Sorry for the grief! I am *not* seeing that here so I'm a bit baffled ATM. I will look into it ASAP. Can you send me your dbkey and then I can see what is in your settings. Do not post it here. Please send it to questions@usage-monitoring.com

Thx
Al

It seems to have sorted itself... either time or solar flares or the planet alignment. I swear I gave it time and a couple reboots before posting. All good now.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
When are edits under the Group & Devices tab added to users.js?
Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today I noticed the edits I spoke of had changed the Group in users.js BUT, not the Name.
croweater
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I get the following error when I run the reports now:

users_created is not defined... there is likely an error in your users.js

I looked in users.js and I find the following definition:
var users_created="2020-02-02 09:24:58"

(This is a new install using 4.0.6 on Netgear r7800 running dd-wrt)

I ran compare.sh and everything is current.
Robnw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed 4.0.6 last week on an Archer C7 v2 running DD-WRT v3.0-r34080 std and can't seem to get it to work.

I also get users_created is not defined, and no devices appear in the devices tab.

I also get prompted to "share things again" each time I come in.

And I get these warning / errors in the console on the summary report page:

A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at http://usage-monitoring.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.

index.html:3 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression flags
at m (jquery.min.js:2)
at Function.globalEval (jquery.min.js:2)
at text script (jquery.min.js:2)
at Ut (jquery.min.js:2)
at k (jquery.min.js:2)
at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (jquery.min.js:2)

yamon4.0.js?_=1580669533362:429 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'cg' of undefined
at yamon4.0.js?_=1580669533362:429
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at Object.<anonymous> (yamon4.0.js?_=1580669533362:417)
at u (jquery.min.js:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js:2)
at k (jquery.min.js:2)
at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (jquery.min.js:2)

2util4.0.js?_=1580669533361:1551 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'group' of undefined
at byGN (util4.0.js?_=1580669533361:1551)
at Array.sort (<anonymous>)
at setDailyTab (yamon4.0.js?_=1580669533362:1072)
at loadView (yamon4.0.js?_=1580669533362:606)
at HTMLElement.<anonymous> (util4.0.js?_=1580669533361:386)
at HTMLElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js:2)
at HTMLElement.y.handle (jquery.min.js:2)
croweater
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah this version does not work. I'm obviously not the only person having trouble with this "users_created" error
croweater
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems as though YAMon is not really being supported much lately, which is a shame. I believe the creator has a new teaching job, so good for him.

I think I will try to go back to an older version and try that. What is the latest stable version that actually produces all the reports correctly? Maybe 3.4.7?
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Al has a home, family, and new job that rightfully comes first before Yamon. He'll be around when he can.

Yamon4 is run from a series of staged cron jobs spread over a 24 hour period.

What I've found on my Y4 after doing any changes to the configuration is to reboot the router and then leave it the heck alone for 24 hrs before I look at it.

Y3 ran from a continuously running bash script and you could sometimes see results in a few minutes when playing with it.

Y4 is a totally different animal on the inside.

Robnw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info ddaniel51 (both bits).

Might you know how to fix the users_created issue? I've searched the internet to some degree but not found anything useful. A couple of solutions that are yamon3 oriented but don't seem to work (or I don't know how to make them work) on yamon4.

Rob
BarkingSpider
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Before I jump into v4, I have a question. Since v3 required a better version of the IP command because busybox v1.30.1 is broken, (I use the opkg package). Is this still a requirement for v4?
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Al has a home, family, and new job that rightfully comes first before Yamon. He'll be around when he can.

Yamon4 is run from a series of staged cron jobs spread over a 24 hour period.

What I've found on my Y4 after doing any changes to the configuration is to reboot the router and then leave it the heck alone for 24 hrs before I look at it.

Y3 ran from a continuously running bash script and you could sometimes see results in a few minutes when playing with it.

Y4 is a totally different animal on the inside.

This should be an easy fix for the code writers is to have a different web page load that Y4 is not ready for viewing with count down timer.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
croweater wrote:
It seems as though YAMon is not really being supported much lately, which is a shame. I believe the creator has a new teaching job, so good for him.

I think I will try to go back to an older version and try that. What is the latest stable version that actually produces all the reports correctly? Maybe 3.4.7?

Sorry for the grief, I understand your frustration! Don't worry about venting! (And Dave, thanks (again) for the defense)...

As mentioned, I am returning to teaching HS math & computers after 21 years in high tech. At the end of Jan, I was wrapping up the first semester at one school and now I'm one week into a new semester at a new school (with three new courses to prep). Needless to say, I've been a bit distracted. (The good news is that this new position is partially permanent contract so there should be more stability moving forward... that was my best Christmas present)

Back to the issue(s) at hand, when developing the code, I do my very best to anticipate every eventuality but there are so many discrepancies between DD-WRT, OpenWrt, Tomato, AsusMerlin, etc., etc. More frustratingly, there are often differences within the firmware flavours themselves.

As Dave mentioned, V4 is a very different beast from v3... it is a complete rewrite of code that had evolved over 6 years under my guidance and for several years before that with others. There *will* be issues!

My kids are off to University so I have a tiny network now without a lot of new activity. This means that you are going to find things that I don't see and, further, cannot replicate.

I almost started the next sentence with an `if` but that would not be correct...

WHEN you encounter a problem, please help me get to the root by providing as much info as possible - including (but not limited to):
* log files
* screen shots
* data files

I recommend that you send the files to questions@usage-monitoring.com as they contain MAC and IP addresses which you probably do not want to post publicly.

Thanks again to everyone for your patience and assistance.

Al

If you use and like YAMon and have not done so recently, please consider making a donation - thanks!
YAMon GitHub Repository
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: