VAP to VPN config issue

petem202
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 19:59    Post subject: VAP to VPN config issue Reply with quote
Good day all. been ready the forum and all sorts of write ups on how to setup a Virtual AP and tie that to a VPN, so regular connections go out the regular internet but anything connected to the VAP goes out the VPN.. ok so the device is configured and working using the regular Wifi and VPN. however, anything on the VAP does not get to the internet. so. down to the nitty gritty.. this is a Linksys WRT3200ACM.. using DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 std.

VAP is setup on ATH2.1 with an ssid of VPN1..
unbridged
masquerade/NAT enabled
Net Isolation enabled
Forced DNS Redirection Enables.
Optional DNS target set to 8.8.8.8
IP Address 10.5.0.0
subnet 255.255.255.0

in Networking i have a DHCP server supplying address to ATH2.1..

in the VPN PBR i have added 10.5.0.0/24

there is no extra BR interfaces other than br0 which is the default.

so.. everything i try laptop, cell, tablet all connect fine to VPN1.. they get an IP in the correct range.. however they do not have internet. the table and cell say connected without internet. and thats where im stuck.. am i missing some sort of routing ?

i can confirm that if i connect to it using any WIFI other than VPN1... it goes out the plain internet which is what i want.. any help would be highly appreciated. i tried adding some screen shots but can seem to get them uploaded.
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI you can ignore the router database (r40559). It should be recommending this one.

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/12-29-2019-r41813/

You can watch below for the next public build (as of writing it will be r42105 or newer).

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2020/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: