TP-Link Archer C7 (ac1750)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148
BubbaMoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
After a long time on 30082 with no real issues I upgraded to 41113... two weeks in...

Issues:
  • Automount USB to /opt doesn't work correctly, filesystem is always mounted to /tmp/mnt.. perhaps because /opt is not empty? (there is an empty folder inside opt) but it can be mounted fine in /opt manually
  • libstdc++ has been removed?
  • QOS: after working fine for two weeks, mac priority seemingly just stopped working for some reason for just single client (client stuck at the default bandwidth level) even after rebooting the router. removed and readded the mac and it works again... for now

As SFE was enabled by default, I'm not sure if that caused the QOS issue.. though even after disabling it the client was stuck at default speeds until I removed and readded the mac.

While not deal breakers, can anybody recommend a better build with regards to QOS? I don't want it randomly breaking.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
The current release is 41791. Do you know how much has happened since 41113? .... Might want to think about upgrading to something more current...

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
BubbaMoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, QOS mac priority seems completely buggered in 41113, seeing issues with another client... works for a while then it doesn't.

kernel-panic69 wrote:
The current release is 41791. Do you know how much has happened since 41113? .... Might want to think about upgrading to something more current...

More often more current = more issues.

People mentioned 41113 being stable on the last couple of pages, so that's the first build I tried. I'm not interested in latest and greatest, just a working build that's relatively up to date.

Time to try another build.

EDIT: Same QOS issue on r41517.. ugh.... I wonder when it broke.
BubbaMoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Searching the forum I've found users mentioning that qos mac priority settings have been broken since at least r33525 Neutral
NinthWave
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
BubbaMoe wrote:
Yeah, QOS mac priority seems completely buggered in 41113, seeing issues with another client... works for a while then it doesn't.

kernel-panic69 wrote:

People mentioned 41113 being stable on the last couple of pages, so that's the first build I tried. I'm not interested in latest and greatest, just a working build that's relatively up to date.

Same here.

I do experience the automount and QoS problems.

On page 145, @msoengineer said it was a pretty solid build. So I upgraded.

What version would be suggested as of today ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
NinthWave wrote:
BubbaMoe wrote:

kernel-panic69 wrote:

Same here.

I do experience the automount and QoS problems.

On page 145, @msoengineer said it was a pretty solid build. So I upgraded.

What version would be suggested as of today ?

I tried the latest update so far r41892 01-05-2020

Everything seems to be working fine, BrainSlayer seemed to have fixed some code and bugs from the previous builds. Have a go and let us know.
Roi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also just upgraded two C7-v2 devices today to r41892 (01/05/20) from r41517 (11/11/19).

If you don't read anything from me in the next days I am pretty happy with this build. Wink

Btw, r41517 (11/11/19) worked pretty good for me as well, but I had problems with the web interface from time to time and restart the device. I also use the devices as access points (but with two VLANs for "normal" and guest net) only, not as router.
dan_danananda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:42    Post subject: WiFi Issue on Archer c7 v2 Reply with quote
Just installed the latest version of r41954 1/9/2020 from r41791 12/24/2019.

Unfortunately, the wifi has stopped working properly. Clients can still scan the wifi but cannot connect to the router. (Stuck on connecting)

LAN connections remain OK.

Anyone else experiencing this?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe if people would report in the appropriate build threads instead of tagging onto device support add threads, you wouldn't have so many pages of posts and things would be in the right location? I dunno, but some of these device threads are cumbersome, confusing, and not helpful whatsoever.

fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 21:06    Post subject: Re: WiFi Issue on Archer c7 v2 Reply with quote
dan_danananda wrote:
Just installed the latest version of r41954 1/9/2020 from r41791 12/24/2019.

Unfortunately, the wifi has stopped working properly. Clients can still scan the wifi but cannot connect to the router. (Stuck on connecting)

LAN connections remain OK.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yep, I had the same problem, also with an earlier build.
jeffs555
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:48    Post subject: 18005 error installing on C7 V2, what worked for me. Reply with quote
Just installed on Archer C7 V2(US). Had a lot of problems installing DD-WRT and thought I would show what worked for me.

I had been running it with the TPLINK stock firmware for a couple years and had updated to the latest factory firmware. When trying to install the factory-to-ddwrt.bin file I kept getting the 18005 error. Looking it up it seems this is because the later factory firmware tries to lock out unapproved updates. I tried to downgrade to several older versions of factory firmware and got the same 18005 error.

I read through this thread https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287073 and several posts detailed very complicated procedures that seemed more trouble than I wanted to try. One post by "eginnc" sounded simple so I tried it.

He started with factory firmware 160719 so I went to TPLINK, downloaded that version, and it installed ok on my router. I then went to http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/04-24-2017-r31899/tplink_archer-c7-v2/ and downloaded factory-to-ddwrt-US.bin since that was the file he used. I powered on the router with the WPS/reset switch pressed and held it for 30 sec. Then was able to connect to factory configuration pages and do a firmware update using the r31899 factory-to-ddwrt_us.bin and it worked. I then was able to update to DD-WRT build 41892 from the DD-WRT config pages and it is working fine for me.
ty_hot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, I have the latests version running on my router, Archer C7 V2 and I can't make adblocking work... can anyone help me?

Tried using the usual tutorial from DD-WRT website:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Ad_blocking

I did the second method (script in firewall) and I checked that cron, dnsmasq and local dns are activated. It says that it is supposed to create a cron entry on reboot, but after rebooting it didn't create anything. I tried creating one myself but still nothing happens...

I tried with the original code and also with changes in the host files, as follow:

Code:
  for URL in "https://adaway.org/hosts.txt" \\
             "https://hosts-file.net/ad_servers.txt" \\
             "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/alternates/fakenews-gambling/hosts" \\
             "https://www.malwaredomainlist.com/hostslist/hosts.txt"; do

I can see that the NVRAM went up about 5k after isntalling the code (was 30, now 34kb/64kb). No idea what the problem is.

I am assuming this script doesnt work for my router? Any other implementation you would recommend?

Thanks for the help
dunebug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

Was running a build from early 2019 (38507) on my Archer C7 v2 but had occasional drop outs on my 5ghz. So decided to upgrade today to v41892 as it got a few good reviews in the last page or so. However after hours of troubleshooting I believe it has a big problem logging on to PPPoE. I just couldn't get it to work no matter what I did.

Having the whole home down, I then took a shot and installed v42557 and resolved all my problems. It's early yet but looks to be good so far.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Insert the usual blurb here as to why these threads are getting locked. A 148-page thread is counter-productive. Please report successful flashes in the appropriate build threads, as well as issues with the specific build regarding your configuration; Open new threads to seek help in determining if your configuration is the problem or otherwise. Thank you.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 Display posts from previous:    Page 148 of 148
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: