Virtual AP with Bridge/Repeater Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Kashif@WRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 18:11    Post subject: Virtual AP with Bridge/Repeater Bridge Reply with quote
Can some one please confirm, if we can add Virtual AP with Wireless mode as Repeater or RB.

I am trying to achieve this with D-Link DIR165D2 build DD-WRT v3.0-r41517 std (11/11/19).

I am successful in creating Bridge and Repeater Bridge both but the moment i add VAP, the connectivity is broken and established again if i delete the VAP immediately.

I have been tried all steps required for VAP/Guest, i mean created a new bridge interface for ar1 and assigning DHCP as well.

With normal AP mode of wireless, though my VAP works fine and I get IP from DHCP pool even, though not browsing from VAP, but still my connectivity is up from master AP or from LAN Interface.

I am not sure if this can be done with single band AP
Sponsor
bazg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am experiencing the same behavior as above with my WNR2000 v2 devices currently running version 33413.
Kashif@WRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:27    Post subject: [Resolved] :Virtual AP with Bridge/Repeater Bridge Reply with quote
Though I resolved it with other APs e.g. WNR2200v1, WNDRv4 and E900, but not with DIR615D2.
Later I found it was due to multple SSIDs support.
So you need to check if your device support mupliple SSIDs.
But I am pretty sure WNR2000 must support it, as it is quite later model than DIR615.
bazg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 0:27    Post subject: Re: [Resolved] :Virtual AP with Bridge/Repeater Bridge Reply with quote
Kashif@WRT wrote:
Though I resolved it with other APs e.g. WNR2200v1, WNDRv4 and E900, but not with DIR615D2.
Later I found it was due to multple SSIDs support.
So you need to check if your device support mupliple SSIDs.
But I am pretty sure WNR2000 must support it, as it is quite later model than DIR615.

Thanks, I actually got it all working earlier but with an older build v21061
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: