New Build: 11-21-2019-r41586

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
audioquest
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 15:45    Post subject: Wrt1900acs V2 Router Auto Reboot Option Reply with quote
Does cron need to be enabled as well for schedule reboot
Also does the interval need to be changed or leave at 3600

Schedule Reboot
Schedule Reboot Enable Disable
Interval (in seconds) 3600
At a set Time :
Sponsor
so333
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
7heblackwolf wrote:

Well.. DD-WRT is for users that want to experiment with firmware changes. We do this because we enjoy being part of this.

Exactly, and I am not enjoying this anymore. Except for the SVN tracker, there are no release notes what exactly has changed and what the users should test.
In addition, each new build is basically a mix of introducing new features (with new bugs, regressions, etc.) and bug fixes, resulting in a never-ending story.

Based on what I saw regarding the GUI crashes, I also doubt there is great interest in the beta testing results of the users. There no user-friendly way of collecting and uploading logs and following up with these users. Instead, the first response was that it is the "browser's fault" if the GUI is not reachable anymore. This gave me the impression that testing beta-versions is not meant for improving the next release, but an excuse of not having a huge test coverage on developer side.
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
so333 wrote:

Exactly, and I am not enjoying this anymore. Except for the SVN tracker, there are no release notes what exactly has changed and what the users should test.
In addition, each new build is basically a mix of introducing new features (with new bugs, regressions, etc.) and bug fixes, resulting in a never-ending story.

Based on what I saw regarding the GUI crashes, I also doubt there is great interest in the beta testing results of the users. There no user-friendly way of collecting and uploading logs and following up with these users. Instead, the first response was that it is the "browser's fault" if the GUI is not reachable anymore. This gave me the impression that testing beta-versions is not meant for improving the next release, but an excuse of not having a huge test coverage on developer side.

I think you're exactly right and what I was trying to explain earlier. There have been many, many threads over the years about the same thing. In most software development, there is an end in site for beta testers. Developers put out a product with a feature set, people test it, bugs get fixed then there's a release. Sometimes the features change during the course of the beta but at some point they get set. That's never the case with dd-wrt.

So, people either find a build and stick with it or they keep repeating the same thing over and over again. A third option is they get tired of it and return to stock firmware or another third party firmware.

This isn't meant to criticize dd-wrt or BS though I'd prefer a more traditional method of software development myself. It just is what it is as the saying goes. You either accept it or you don't.
7heblackwolf
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Monza wrote:
7heblackwolf wrote:
Well.. a lot to say in this comment.

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions on my QoS testing and setup. I did read that very same wiki several years ago and found it helpful. I used wiki recommendations in my first setup test actually. I got poor results which led to a 2 - 3 hour testing session which determined the best setup for my router QoS on my network and settings. I basically tried EVERY combo, with this, without this, etc etc testing after each change until I found the one combo that worked best for me. I then shared the results. Amazing as it may be the combo I shared is still working great for me. The next time I do some QoS setups I will follow that wiki to the letter as you suggest. =)

Ye, I know.. is a pain to test over and over and the feeling that you're wasting the bandwidth you pay for is constant.. But IMO is the only way to fine tune and create stable setups.

Hope you find the settings you need for your router! Very Happy
7heblackwolf
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
blkt wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
@blkt, I'm *still* waiting for a K3.x Broadcom build to test a fix. Keyword: still. Not going to downgrade to K2.6 to test the fix. SO, teamwork, you say? Can't be part of a team if people don't facilitate it. And, no, not running DD-WRT on my new-to-me Marvell device. I probably won't, either, since DD-WRT is what bricked it.

If you aren't running DD-WRT on your newly acquired WRT3200ACM why are you posting in this Marvell new build thread? Why are you afraid of bricking it? Is this a joke? Broadcom? Rolling Eyes

P.S. Said new acquisition was from another forum member who now sports an R9000. I opted to go with OpenWRT because I don't have or manage anything that has the generic OpenWRT LUCI interface (Kong builds are not the same!), so, yeah.

Currently testing r41656 K3.x Broadcom to see if GTK renewal is finally FIXED throughout, although, will also need to test r41658... but, anyway. Also, Broadcom is what made this firmware the shiz. People forget that, or they are ignorant to that fact, whichever the case may be.

I post in here to keep up with the ongoing problems with Marvell to try and be part of a group effort to identify issues and possible fixes or workarounds. I can stop and thumb my nose and double one-finger salute the lot of you, no problem. No skin off my nose.

You're not part of the "group" if you don't even own a compatible device for this thread.

Btw, tested build and so far so good. almost 16 h uptime and stable.

CAKE still very unstable imo. Not blaming dd-wrt developers. I think the shaper needs an improvement.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
7heblackwolf wrote:

You're not part of the "group" if you don't even own a compatible device for this thread.

Oh, excuse me. I didn't know we had a new forum admin and moderator Rolling Eyes Thanks for your input. I'll be sure to not bother perusing this thread or the Marvell sub-forum in the off-chance I might be of some help. BTW, I do own a compatible device for this thread, but it is flashed with OpenWRT at the moment, or did you not catch that part somewhere in this thread or elsewhere in this sub-forum? Barking up the wrong, very, very, wrong tree.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ddbob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Linksys WRT1900ACSv2
File: ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900acsv2-webflash.bin (did nvram erase)
Kernel: Linux 4.9.202 #1402 SMP Thu Nov 21 06:00:14 CET 2019 armv7l
Mode: AP, NAS, OpenVPN Server
Upgraded from r41380 std (10/24/2019)
Internet speed: 145 Mb/s (expect 200 Mb/s)
LAN speed: 587 Mb/s (previous was 582 Mb/s, record is 613)
WiFi speed (2.4 Ghz): 106 Mb/s (previous was 62 Mb/s, record is 141)
WiFi speed (5 Ghz): 142 Mb/s (previous 29 Mb/s, new record!)
WiFi devices
- printer (2.4GHz) - ping from LAN is 3.1ms, 0% packet loss (uptime 22 minutes)
- iPad (2.4 Ghz) - working
- Android phone (2.4/5Ghz) - working
- Macbook (2.4GHz) - working
- Chromecast (5GHz) - working
OpenVPN server is working
Samba works with Linux and Windows 10 clients.
7heblackwolf
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
so333 wrote:
7heblackwolf wrote:

Well.. DD-WRT is for users that want to experiment with firmware changes. We do this because we enjoy being part of this.

Browser is 80% of the time culprit of web-GUI corruption. Anyone in here who experimented enough knows that cleaning cache, cookies, etc or swapping to another browser "solves" that problem. Is not a "browser bug" is the ability to hold data cached and expecting the same data will remain once the page is reloaded.

In my experience, jumping from one rev to another with new features/fields presents on gui, makes pops some "undefined" on the new stuff. And cleaning everything or switching browsers did the trick.

Again, here's no "Customer service".. is not that developers see that people goes to another firmware and cries or take another decitions.. in fact, developers of any firmware suggest to try several firmwares and use what suits the best for ya. Take it or leave it.

Btw, very happy with this build.. seems like this could be a milestone build. As far as I see, nothing brokes. I think I'll stay on this one for some time. Very Happy
7heblackwolf
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
7heblackwolf wrote:

Oh, excuse me. I didn't know we had a new forum admin and moderator Rolling Eyes Thanks for your input. I'll be sure to not bother perusing this thread or the Marvell sub-forum in the off-chance I might be of some help. BTW, I do own a compatible device for this thread, but it is flashed with OpenWRT at the moment, or did you not catch that part somewhere in this thread or elsewhere in this sub-forum? Barking up the wrong, very, very, wrong tree.

You didn't helped anyone in here more than criticism to users and dd-wrt/developers. Wrong tree?.. who you think you are?.. dude.. XD

Put the build on that router and come here with some input. At least to give something useful to the forum.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
7heblackwolf wrote:
You didn't helped anyone in here more than criticism to users and dd-wrt/developers. Wrong tree?.. who you think you are?.. dude.. XD

Put the build on that router and come here with some input. At least to give something useful to the forum.

Here's where I get to explain a couple of things. First, the reason why the 3200 is running OpenWRT. Because it got bricked by DD-WRT and required serial recovery. Sorry, I kinda like things that work. Second, ... you are right, I am nobody. But you're still barking up the wrong tree. I love how you say the browser is 80% of the problem. Maybe you need to poke around at some of the comments I have made regarding this maybe even in this thread?. You may want to go back to the first few pages, there bud. Besides, most of my input wouldn't do you any good, you're not the firmware developer.... Wink

P.S. there's a new build up, maybe you should try it on for size? Hmm?

----------------------
7heblackwolf
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
7heblackwolf wrote:

Here's where I get to explain a couple of things. First, the reason why the 3200 is running OpenWRT. Because it got bricked by DD-WRT and required serial recovery. Sorry, I kinda like things that work. Second, ... you are right, I am nobody. But you're still barking up the wrong tree. I love how you say the browser is 80% of the problem. Maybe you need to poke around at some of the comments I have made regarding this maybe even in this thread?. You may want to go back to the first few pages, there bud. Besides, most of my input wouldn't do you any good, you're not the firmware developer.... Wink

P.S. there's a new build up, maybe you should try it on for size? Hmm?

Regarding browser issues: 80% of complains about GUI broken in this forum has the browser as culprit. Maybe you should read better instead of misunderstanding on purpose to come with "I-know-it-all" comments.

Anyways, I came to the conclusion you're here just being toxic. I'll not reply anymore bud, that feeds the troll and doesn't contribute to the thread. Have a nice day Smile
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
7heblackwolf wrote:

Regarding browser issues: 80% of complains about GUI broken in this forum has the browser as culprit. Maybe you should read better instead of misunderstanding on purpose to come with "I-know-it-all" comments.

Anyways, I came to the conclusion you're here just being toxic. I'll not reply anymore bud, that feeds the troll and doesn't contribute to the thread. Have a nice day Smile

I never trolled you, thanks. See my comment I *just* posted in 41664 thread, read through the whole thing, while you are at it. You don't know me, I don't know you, but we obviously aren't connecting, and that is fine by me. I had a whole lot more to add here, but I sha'n't. As Fez would say, "I said, "GOOD DAY!""... like several posts back... Rolling Eyes

----------------------
PavelVD
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want to report a fact:
My router worked on this firmware for 13 days 5 hours and 45 minutes without rebooting.
My wife noticed the low Wi-Fi speed of ath1-2.4GHz, and could not connect to ath0-5GHz. - This radio was generally out of reach for other Wi-Fi clients.
No web interface locks during this time. QoS was not used.
The router had to be rebooted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: