New Build: 11-21-2019-r41586

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
AFAIK (or remember) Kong never developed anything for Marvell when he was still here. How ignorant. But anyway, the part of the haphazard development style of BS is almost on point. I think I'll refrain from personal thoughts for the moment lol

But did you refrain? Are you running r41586 now?

It's up to us to test the build(s) and report bugs along with all steps taken reproduce them.

It has always been that way. BS isn't going to stop everything and waste time hunting down something like random loss of GUI with nothing to trigger it.

Teamwork anyone? Bueller?
Sponsor
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
AFAIK (or remember) Kong never developed anything for Marvell when he was still here. How ignorant. But anyway, the part of the haphazard development style of BS is almost on point. I think I'll refrain from personal thoughts for the moment lol

Kong did make some builds for the WRT1900acs. His own repository is gone but you can find some in the forums: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=309686&view=previous

The last build from him is going on 3 years old now.

I was simply pointing out something that's been said many times in the forums about there not being any milestone builds for dd-wrt like for other 3rd party firmware. That's nothing new and like I said, BS can do whatever he wants so it is what it is.

To tell me I sound like someone who doesn't like to install builds is definitely ignorant. If he had read any of the build threads in the last 6 months he'd know. I think the only build I didn't at least try was the one that bricked a bunch of routers.
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
7heblackwolf wrote:
Well.. a lot to say in this comment.

Thank you so much for sharing your opinions on my QoS testing and setup. I did read that very same wiki several years ago and found it helpful. I used wiki recommendations in my first setup test actually. I got poor results which led to a 2 - 3 hour testing session which determined the best setup for my router QoS on my network and settings. I basically tried EVERY combo, with this, without this, etc etc testing after each change until I found the one combo that worked best for me. I then shared the results. Amazing as it may be the combo I shared is still working great for me. The next time I do some QoS setups I will follow that wiki to the letter as you suggest. =)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
@blkt, I'm *still* waiting for a K3.x Broadcom build to test a fix. Keyword: still. Not going to downgrade to K2.6 to test the fix. SO, teamwork, you say? Can't be part of a team if people don't facilitate it. And, no, not running DD-WRT on my new-to-me Marvell device. I probably won't, either, since DD-WRT is what bricked it.

@ellick, you are probably right. I guess I don't remember exactly. I *had* an ongoing mirror of his desipro.de repository until it got munched with no backup. At least Kong tested his in-house builds on hardware he physically had. I have no problem testing alpha builds, if and when they are posted. My patience wears thin, because I am at the point of wait or walk because it is taking my attention away from other things.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

@ellick, you are probably right. I guess I don't remember exactly. I *had* an ongoing mirror of his desipro.de repository until it got munched with no backup. At least Kong tested his in-house builds on hardware he physically had. I have no problem testing alpha builds, if and when they are posted. My patience wears thin, because I am at the point of wait or walk because it is taking my attention away from other things.

I was a long-time Microsoft beta tester from windows 98 up to windows 10 when they dissolved the beta teams and opened it to anyone. I don't mind testing and running new software at all. I admit I got ticked off after my initial bug report on the GUI issue. BS replied and blew it off as if I was lying about it.

The fact there are no milestone builds for dd-wrt means the forums are always full of people installing the latest builds without researching anything. They think newest must be the best then we have threads like the one where someone can't figure out why they lost httpd or another simply saying he can't log in to the GUI after a time (same thing). If I didn't care about making the software better, I'd just shut up, run r40009 or return to Openwrt and laugh at everyone else who discovers problems.
audioquest
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 16:27    Post subject: Wrt1900acs V2 Router Auto Reboot Option Reply with quote
Does anyone know if r40009 auto boot works consistency.
Thanks in advance
ellick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 16:43    Post subject: Re: Wrt1900acs V2 Router Auto Reboot Option Reply with quote
audioquest wrote:
Thanks in advance

I'm currently back in build r40009 on my 1900wrtacs v1. By auto boot do you mean the Keep-alive tab in Administration? I have mine set to reboot every day at 4am and it seems to be working ok. I just checked my up time and it did reboot.

I'm not positive but I seem to recall some people complaining about it not working in some build threads. I can't recall which ones or which routers.
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 17:22    Post subject: Re: Wrt1900acs V2 Router Auto Reboot Option Reply with quote
audioquest wrote:

I use nightly scheduled reboots in Keep Alive in 40009 also. Works fine.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ellick, I was friends with one of their engineers. I used to get discounted everything, if not free. One of the few things I miss about living up in the Seattle area. She was probably one of the few folks up there I knew personally who I could talk to about code or anything in-depth when it came to software. Still waiting on a K3.x Broadcom drop. Guess I will focus on other things for a couple days or so, or just wait until the next public beta. I ain't got time to dick around with this nonsense.

----------------------
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
@blkt, I'm *still* waiting for a K3.x Broadcom build to test a fix. Keyword: still. Not going to downgrade to K2.6 to test the fix. SO, teamwork, you say? Can't be part of a team if people don't facilitate it. And, no, not running DD-WRT on my new-to-me Marvell device. I probably won't, either, since DD-WRT is what bricked it.

If you aren't running DD-WRT on your newly acquired WRT3200ACM why are you posting in this Marvell new build thread? Why are you afraid of bricking it? Is this a joke? Broadcom? Rolling Eyes
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

If you aren't running DD-WRT on your newly acquired WRT3200ACM why are you posting in this Marvell new build thread? Why are you afraid of bricking it? Is this a joke? Broadcom? Rolling Eyes

P.S. Said new acquisition was from another forum member who now sports an R9000. I opted to go with OpenWRT because I don't have or manage anything that has the generic OpenWRT LUCI interface (Kong builds are not the same!), so, yeah.

Currently testing r41656 K3.x Broadcom to see if GTK renewal is finally FIXED throughout, although, will also need to test r41658... but, anyway. Also, Broadcom is what made this firmware the shiz. People forget that, or they are ignorant to that fact, whichever the case may be.

I post in here to keep up with the ongoing problems with Marvell to try and be part of a group effort to identify issues and possible fixes or workarounds. I can stop and thumb my nose and double one-finger salute the lot of you, no problem. No skin off my nose.

----------------------
lakester
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 0:40    Post subject: 2.4Ghz not working w/ Android... Reply with quote
Updated my wrt1900acsv2 to 41586 in the hopes of restoring 2.4Ghz operation with Android devices. No joy.

I've done a lot of searching for answers, but haven't found anything definitive, and certainly nothing that has worked.

Both my Pixel 3XL and Moto G7 (both Fi devices) end up with "NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_ASSOCIATION_REJECTION".

They are non-rooted devices, so I'm not sure fine-grained logging is available.

I live on a farm..., so the extra range available with 2.4Ghz is kind of important.

Has anybody had this problem and have you had any luck in fixing it?

FWIW..., the factory firmware works fine w/ 2.4Ghz with the same Android devices.

Thx!

EDIT: FWIW..., no version of dd-wrt on my wrt1900acsv2 that I've tried has worked with the 2.4Ghz/Android combo.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
This sounds like one of the unresolved issues with Marvell's "open source" mwlwifi driver. Factory firmware uses its own proprietary driver. Try setting 2.4 Ghz Wireless Network Mode to G-Only and see if your problem disappears. Others have created a VAP to isolate affected devices and then disabled WMM within, effectively breaking 802.11n.

If you are trying to do anything with the third radio (ath2) please disable as it's meant only to receive DFS radar detection.
lakester
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
This sounds like one of the unresolved issues with Marvell's "open source" mwlwifi driver. Factory firmware uses its own proprietary driver. Try setting 2.4 Ghz Wireless Network Mode to G-Only and see if your problem disappears. Others have created a VAP to isolate affected devices and then disabled WMM within, effectively breaking 802.11n.

If you are trying to do anything with the third radio (ath2) please disable as it's meant only to receive DFS radar detection.

I wonder if backporting a previous version of the marvell driver is practical since there were comments that it worked back in Jan '19..., ah well. I could switch to a release from that time, but I kinda wonder what the tradeoffs would be.

Yah..., tried running G only, no luck. Will read up on VAP..., have never used it.

Yah..., saw the previous comments about ath2, so was adequately forewarned in that case.

Thx!
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could try disabling WMM by itself, but it will affect all connected devices. It's not really a solution in my view but it's worth to see if anything changes immediately or after a reboot. However I'm probably completely wrong about your situation as G-Only has already shown WMM's absence makes no difference.

Random thought, delete or forget any saved wifi access point profiles from the phones, change SSIDs on the router, restart phones (reboot, not turn off and on) then connect as if you were trying to for the first time.

Which wireless network modes were you using originally? 2.4 NG-Mixed and 5 AC/N-Mixed? I would fiddle with settings before jumping around on builds. Another random thought, toggle phone's airplane mode.

https wrt1900acsv2 r38159, r39144 or r40009 are known stable older builds. betas ftp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: