DHCP server not assigning ip to device connected to repeater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Myzhar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:40    Post subject: DHCP server not assigning ip to device connected to repeater Reply with quote
Hi all,
I updated my TP-Link TL-WR841ND v8 to Firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r40559.

I have a Netgear WN2000RPTv2 as repeater that worked very well before the updating, but now it seems to not be able to propagate the DHCP server service.
If I connect a device to it with static IP everything works fine, but devices with dynamic IP cannot get a correct address.

I tried to reset the TP-Link to DD-WRT factory settings, but the problem is still present

Any idea about the causes of the problem?

Thank you
Walter
Sponsor
pacificstart
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same issue.

In gateway mode.

I found that DDWRT is passing over the DHCP requests from the LAN and WLAN over to the WAN port.

The WAN port gets a response from the cablemodem's DHCP server (which I have no control over so I cannot disable that DHCP server) and as such the LAN and WLAN devices end up having o bogus IP (eg 192.168.100.x instead of the router's 192.168.1.x).

Looks like a bug to me. Next step would be to run a Wireshark trace to confirm exactly what is being passed by the router from on to the WAN port.

I would like to know if there is any quick solution that can be done via IPTABLES to prevent this form happening?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: