TP-Link Archer C7 (ac1750)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 146, 147, 148  Next
Ukrop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 16:34    Post subject: TP-Link Archer C7 v5 issue with static IP addresses Reply with quote
Hi guys!

I just got used TP-Link Archer C7 v5 and decided to convert it to dd-wrt. Successfully flashed r41517. Everything seems to work until I start creating static IP address...

When I assign couple IP addresses outside of DHCP range to some of my computers, everything else can't connect to router... Router sees devices but doesn't assign IPs...

Anyone experienced something like this?
Any solution?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
Lajkasir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
What speed do you get in the latest build on 5ghz? I have a archer c7 v5 and get around 16 down and 27 up with 41113. Had to revert back to stock to get full speed.
cobra82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 18:50    Post subject: webrevert Archer C7 EU Reply with quote
Hello guys,

a friend ask me how webrevert his TP-LINK Archer C7 v7 EU 1750 back to original firmware.

He has slow wifi data transfer.

bye
Ukrop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll test it later. But my statip IP is bothering me more now...

Could you please direct me to the steps how to revert to original firmware? Please.

Thanks!!!!!

Lajkasir wrote:
What speed do you get in the latest build on 5ghz? I have a archer c7 v5 and get around 16 down and 27 up with 41113. Had to revert back to stock to get full speed.
Lajkasir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I watched this video.

https://youtu.be/Fi0pC_ON5Vo

Download firmware from tp links site and rename the latest firmware to ArcherC7v5_tp_recovery.bin

When you do reset on v5 hold reset and wps button when powering on the router for 15 sec and when you go back to the computer you should see that the tftp server has sent the file to the router.
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ukrop wrote:
I'll test it later. But my statip IP is bothering me more now...

If you are using the GUI for static leases it might be worth trying to add them in
Additional Dnsmasq Options on Services page in this format:

Code:
dhcp-host=30:8D:99:xx:xx:xx,printer,192.168.1.108,infinite

May help, May not.
Ukrop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks!!! Will try when get home.

Did you use Windows PC? Which tftp server did you use?

Thanks again!

Lajkasir wrote:
I watched this video.

https://youtu.be/Fi0pC_ON5Vo

Download firmware from tp links site and rename the latest firmware to ArcherC7v5_tp_recovery.bin

When you do reset on v5 hold reset and wps button when powering on the router for 15 sec and when you go back to the computer you should see that the tftp server has sent the file to the router.
Lajkasir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah Im on Windows 7 64bit. I used http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html
The 64bit
draken21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I seem to have a strange problem with the latest versions of DD-WRT.

I have a Asus AC68U running DD-WRT as my main router and then a Archer C7 connected to the Asus via 5Ghz and transmitting on 2.4Ghz as an extender.

Since updating from version r35XXX the A40 mobile I have has appalling wifi speeds which is strange cause the rest of devices are just fine.

If the same device connects to the main router all is fine speed-wise, so it is some strange combination of the DD-WRT version/C7/A40 that is causing the issue.

If anyone has any good idea were to start troubleshooting I would be grateful.
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
draken21 wrote:
I seem to have a strange problem with the latest versions of DD-WRT.

I have a Asus AC68U running DD-WRT as my main router and then a Archer C7 connected to the Asus via 5Ghz and transmitting on 2.4Ghz as an extender.

Since updating from version r35XXX the A40 mobile I have has appalling wifi speeds which is strange cause the rest of devices are just fine.

If the same device connects to the main router all is fine speed-wise, so it is some strange combination of the DD-WRT version/C7/A40 that is causing the issue.

If anyone has any good idea were to start troubleshooting I would be grateful.

So the A40 is having issues on the 2.4ghz connected to the C7?

Are both routers running the same build?
Did you do clean installs or did you dirtyflash over the old build? It could be something in NVRAM on the C7 changed in mappings slightly causing gremlins. It's best practice to be on the same build for both routers. Then take a peek at my signature about best wifi for some other pointers and read the qca wifi wiki for more hints/tips.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]44565 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 nightly (2xOffsite)
[R7800]napping
[WDR3600]BS 42567 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
draken21 wrote:

If I understand you correctly, the C7 is connected to the AC68U on 5 Ghz as a client and the 2.4 Ghz as an ordinary AP.

What is the Wireless Status Page showing?
If the errors is on the 2.4 Ghz, you can rule out the AC68U.
draken21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks guys.

To answer your questions:

Yes they were running the same builds, not anymore though.
No the old versions were updated, no clean install.
No errors both on the 5ghz and 2.4ghz. Wifi is fine as other devices can connect to it with no issues.

I found a workaround in the meantime though. I swapped the channel from 4 to 10 and the problem seems to be resolved which is quite strange in itself cause channel 4 was the best channel to transmit on.

Will continue troubleshooting and if I find out what is causing that strange behaviour on one device only I will update the thread.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chabbel 4 is never the best chanbel. Use only 1, 6 ad 11. The channel between wil overlap.
opssemnik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys, i have the following issue with my C7 V5
Context:
I went from running dd-wrt, to stock, to openwrt branch ath79 , then to openwrt branch ar71xx(they changed after new releases) and then back to dd wrt.

Somewhere along the way my 2.4ghz started acting up:
- It does not show for clients (looks like it doesnt broadcast) for quite few minutes
- Once it finally does, it is unstable(ping ranges from 2ms to 2000ms on a device literally next to the router, speed is at max 10mbps and drops packets).
- Even when it doesn`t show to the clients, i am able to scan other clients and join then as if i would be a repeater.
- Neither DD-WRT or OpenWRT will detect chipset name. DD-WRT will simply omit this info (it shows for the 5ghz radio) and openwrt will say it is a "generic mac abn device) It does detect the mac address properly though

What i have tried:
- Restore back to stock, i can see my 2.4ghz right after boot but then it disappears
- Get back to DD-WRT (currently running it)
- Set settings as per recommended (ss uploaded below)
http://prntscr.com/qb8rz8
Pastebin of my dmesg:
https://pastebin.com/nEDnwM3w

I am not that versed in this, my only suspicion is the firmware file may have gotten screwed up, but you gurus would be able to tell more i guess.
Since im newbie i did not use attachments, but if you guys want, i could do so (but i believe you know about pastebin and lightshot)
Appreciate any help
dan_danananda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 16:25    Post subject: Best / "stable" for Archer C7 V2 Reply with quote
Hey everyone!

Haven't updated my Archer C7 in years and was surprised to see new features when I went to update myself with DDWRT.

Saw that there were 3 new builds in a matter of a few days 12/21/2019 r41771, 12/23/2019 r41786, and 12/24/2019 r41791.

Do you know if any of these firmwares are good for C7 or would you have other suggestions/recommendations for builds to flash. It's getting harder to scan these builds for "known good" flashes that won't causes surprise headaches with VPN or WiFi.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 146, 147, 148  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 147 of 148
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: