TP-Link Archer C7 (ac1750)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147, 148  Next
TheManMachine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just for the record, I flashed my Archer C7 V2 (US version) from factory firmware with the 41113 build a couple of days ago, and it seems to have worked out just fine. This is my first time installing or using DD-WRT though, so maybe take that with a grain of salt. Wink

To make life easier for other n00bs like me wanting to upgrade but finding the procedure a little bit confusing, here is what I did:

1. Downloaded factory-to-ddwrt-US.bin from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/09-23-2019-r41113/tplink_archer-c7-v2/

2. Factory reset (through web admin), the router was on official tp-link firmware 180114

3. Upgraded firmware to dd-wrt 41113 through web admin and let it restart

4. Logged in to dd-wrt web admin (creating new pwd etc) and then did another factory reset

5. Once again logged in/created new pwd, and set everything up as I needed. Felt happy about all the stuff you can do in dd-wrt.

I was on a cabled connection to the router during the whole procedure. Wifi seems to work well, no problems or disconnects whatsoever. I have not played around with any wifi broadcast settings yet, apart from forcing channel 11 on the 2.4 GHz band.
Sponsor
gadgetpig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wookiestick wrote:
Anyone having issues with Wifi on newer builds for archer c7 v2? I have to reset every other day to fix. I'm on the latest build. Anyone have a build to recommend with stability and security in mind?

I had some issues with 2.4 ghz disappearing on older builds. The last several builds, especially 41517 have been working great however. Archer C7 v2 as AP with ipFire box in front.

Thank You BrainSlayer/DD-WRT team for all the hard work.

GadgetPig
Roi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
gadgetpig wrote:
The last several builds, especially 41517 have been working great however. Archer C7 v2 as AP with ipFire box in front.

Interesting. Would you prefer r41517 more than the mentioned r41113 which I am running at the moment on my two Acher C7 v2?
dan_danananda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Roi wrote:
msoengineer wrote:
That said, use 41113, it's a solid build.

Was that meant for the C7 v2 also or only for the A7?

Wookiestick wrote:
Anyone having issues with Wifi on newer builds for archer c7 v2? I have to reset every other day to fix. I'm on the latest build. Anyone have a build to recommend with stability and security in mind?

Not that much, but I still run an older version:

Zuckuss wrote:
My only driver towards an upgrade is the fact that r38240 is very old by now and my reasoning is that there has to have been some improvements in later releases.

Also; the fact that router performance deteriorates over time needing a restart would indicate I need to do "something" Smile

If you think r38240 is old, I still run r33525 Very Happy on my two C7 v2 routers which I only use as access points. This r33525 just celebrated its second birthday.

I also restart the two devices twice a week to get wifi speed back to "normal".

So because of the age of the build in general but also newer features like VLANs (which I use by startup scripts at the moment) I am really looking for an upgrade and just try the mentioned r41113 for a test here...

The first device rebooted. Let's see. Keep you posted...

LOL I just realized I've been running an ancient build too r35927. Solid build so far.

But will probably move to r41113 since people are vouching that it's stable. Any new features or fixes so far?
Roi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
dan_danananda wrote:
LOL I just realized I've been running an ancient build too r35927. Solid build so far.

But will probably move to r41113 since people are vouching that it's stable. Any new features or fixes so far?

I moved from r41113 (which was running good) to r41517 and did not experience any problems. But I am using my two C7 v2 devices "only" as access points. So no idea how routing, DSL, DHCP and everything else I do not use works.
Guiscardo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 18:06    Post subject: Wi-Fi problem Reply with quote
Hi, i am a new dd-wrt user. Until 2 days ago i had stock firmare on Archer C7 v5, yesterday i flashed the last beta release (r41517). I configured everything and i am very satisfied, but few minutes ago i realized that my Smart TV Samsung cannot see my Wi-Fi APoints (2,4 and 5) but it can see the ones of my neighbours. All devices in the house can see them and connect with no problems. I cannot undestand, can you help me? thanks
dehusk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 19:50    Post subject: Just upgraded from 35532 to 41113 Reply with quote
The upgrade seems to have worked but when I do "configuration backup" I get

nvrambak_r41113_Archer%20C7%20V4_TP-Link%20ARCHER-C7%20v4

which is about 25kB.

The older versions gave me a readable text file. I'm on a Mac (OSX 10.14) and use the router as an access point

Any ideas?

AND

Let me answer my own question. The format has changed but is still readable as TEXT. I just have to point the TXT editor (TextEdit) towards it as opposed to it being automatic.

Last edited by dehusk on Sat Nov 16, 2019 20:26; edited 3 times in total
servicetech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 20:00    Post subject: Re: Wi-Fi problem Reply with quote
Guiscardo wrote:
Hi, i am a new dd-wrt user. Until 2 days ago i had stock firmare on Archer C7 v5, yesterday i flashed the last beta release (r41517). I configured everything and i am very satisfied, but few minutes ago i realized that my Smart TV Samsung cannot see my Wi-Fi APoints (2,4 and 5) but it can see the ones of my neighbours. All devices in the house can see them and connect with no problems. I cannot undestand, can you help me? thanks

1. Did you change default settings for Wireless ?
2. check SSID USE uppercase letters and numbers only, no special chars ($,#,~ and so on), if you use the same SSID as on the factory firmware, do a minor change (on the 2.4Ghz interface while laptop connected with 5Ghz)
3. Some TV wifi have problem with channel 12,13 or above 48 on 5Ghz, choose channel from 1, 6, 11 or 36 for testing.
4. Use NG mixed, not N-only
5. use 20Mhz channel to start, not auto
6. You should disconnect the TV from power , Standby is not sufficent to reset the Wifi Hardware on TV
Guiscardo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 22:53    Post subject: Re: Wi-Fi problem Reply with quote
servicetech wrote:
Guiscardo wrote:

1. Did you change default settings for Wireless ?
2. check SSID USE uppercase letters and numbers only, no special chars ($,#,~ and so on), if you use the same SSID as on the factory firmware, do a minor change (on the 2.4Ghz interface while laptop connected with 5Ghz)
3. Some TV wifi have problem with channel 12,13 or above 48 on 5Ghz, choose channel from 1, 6, 11 or 36 for testing.
4. Use NG mixed, not N-only
5. use 20Mhz channel to start, not auto
6. You should disconnect the TV from power , Standby is not sufficent to reset the Wifi Hardware on TV

Solved, it did not like mixed, with N it worked . Thank you
Zeno1012
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 0:12    Post subject: Virgin Media Reply with quote
Hey guys,

just flashed my C7 with the latest 41517 build and i am having really slow speeds on virgin 350. Im getting around 20Mbps on 2.4 and 5ghz wifi. Ive also tried another firmware from december and it was the same issue. Im sure its something to do with the settings but i dont know what to change. Any help will be appreciated,

thanks.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Atheros/ath_wireless_settings
Zeno1012
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yh seems like the WiFi settings do nothing for the speed. I've managed to find a firmware (40932) which gives me my full speed, however another issue has cropped up. Whenever I enable WPA security the speeds revert back to 20mbps and doesn't go back to full speed unless I reset my router to default settings. Really strange issues tbh.
gadgetpig
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Roi wrote:
gadgetpig wrote:
The last several builds, especially 41517 have been working great however. Archer C7 v2 as AP with ipFire box in front.

Interesting. Would you prefer r41517 more than the mentioned r41113 which I am running at the moment on my two Acher C7 v2?

I would have to say "yes". I'm only using my Archer C7 v2 as AP, but since 41517 came out, been rock steady for me.

One of my clients has a TP-Link 1043NDv2, and it's running r41517 in normal router/WiFi mode with no problems.
Roi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
gadgetpig wrote:
I would have to say "yes". I'm only using my Archer C7 v2 as AP, but since 41517 came out, been rock steady for me.

One of my clients has a TP-Link 1043NDv2, and it's running r41517 in normal router/WiFi mode with no problems.

Thank you! Do you experience any problems like Zeno1012 does? And using wifi without WPA like Zeno1012 wrote is not the very best idea tough. Wink Does not matter how much performance is left or not. Wink
Wookiestick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:57    Post subject: Most recent build that works reliably for me Reply with quote
Earlier I posted about issues with recent builds with the archer c7 v2. I've had better luck with wireless reliability on the build recommended on the main dd wrt router database page: 08-06-2019 (r40559). It's relatively recent and I don't have to reset every day now.

I'd also like to share for people who don't want to go combing through this thread: wireless settings. Paying of particular note is the 5 Ghz radio (since this unit is very picky about it).

https://imgur.com/a/dos3EpQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147, 148  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 146 of 148
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: