Router Model TP-Link TL-WR841ND v11
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r41468 std (11/06/19)
Kernel Version Linux 3.18.140 #58751 Wed Nov 6 04:12:50 +04 2019 mips
I can confirm that I have the same problem, restore from backup doesn't work. I said before in this thread that everything is OK but I didn't test for this untill now.
-Upgraded r41459 -> r41468 via CLI, no reset.
-Ran with no problems for a day or so...
-Today I decided to test for backup/restore, so I did a backup, then reset to factory ... and restore from the saved file doesn't work.
I tried to catch an error in Console but... all I get is this from Chrome:
This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset.
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
Connection resets before any message in Console.
Same experience in Firefox:
The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Pressing "Back" in browser allows you imediately to interact with web interface as if nothing happened, no reboot, wifi loss or something like that happens to the router.
Last edited by Jovan on Fri Nov 08, 2019 0:16; edited 3 times in total
Updated my EA8500 from r41459 to r41468 without reset via GUI this morning.
All went well.
But 90 mins later, the wifi to my laptop dropped out and connected to the Linksys WRT1900ACv1 at the other end of the house.
This occured while I was downloading a big file via torrent.
A restart of the EA8500 didn't fix it.
EA8500 now returned to r41459 - and working ok. _________________ ------------------------------------
Linksys EA8500 DD-WRT r44632 (Gateway)
Linksys WRT1900ACv1 DD-WRT r44628 (AP)
Netgear/Telstra V7610 (spare AP)
Billion BiPAC 7800NXL (spare AP)
Netgear WNDR3700v4 DD-WRT r44538 (spare Gateway + OpenVPN Client)
upgraded from r41459 to r41468 yesterday. Don't know when it happened but noticed it dropped my wireless clients. I could see the ssid out there but could not connect. I rolled back to the opposite partition with r41459. Using that ea8500 as a access point only.
Update: tried to install again after reset with the same result, no wireless clients could establish a connection. reset and rolled back to alpha build r41399
Last edited by 05dyna on Fri Nov 08, 2019 21:54; edited 1 time in total
here is northest of Brazil ... a litle far from servers _________________ DDwrt ...it rocks ....
1 R8500 41556 AP OpenVPN webserver RETIRED (bricked)
1 R7800 42912 AP Wireguard webserver JFFS SAMBA FTP usb HD Mesh
1 R7800 42912 Cli Mesh
1 WZR1750 42908 AP Webserver OpenVPN
1 DDx86 Vmware 40260
1 E3000 41027 K3 @500 WAP wifi client
Joined: 03 Jan 2010 Posts: 7374 Location: YWG, Canada
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:07 Post subject:
BTW "Browser CPU above average (11544)" your CPU seems to be a litle bit weak for "highspeed and Hi-Res testing"
i have here only a "powerful" cpu ... raspberry pi
its timer precision crap that browser devs changed when the whole spectre/meltdown thing was new, many burnt it into the browser forcing users to have it, but mozilla cause theyre mozilla, gave users choice in about:config to turn off this junk _________________ LATEST FIRMWARE(S)
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers