Netgear R8500 and BS Builds after Kong's 40270M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kingkronk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 22:35    Post subject: Netgear R8500 and BS Builds after Kong's 40270M Reply with quote
Sorry I started a new thread as I didn't want to hijack the other thread. So basically here is my issue:

I have been having connectivity issues and no connectivity on quite few of my wifi devices (Pixel 2 XL, Amazon FireTV, Huawei P20, Nexus 5x) BS builds flash ok, nvram erase && reboot and repeat. That being said most devices fail to find the network or don't connect at all. I have tried the latest build and same issue. Pixel 2 XL connects and says no internet then shuts down wifi and comes back and repeats this, amazon FireTV doesn't connect fully at all says connects with errors (no internet)

When I revert back to Kong's final build (40270M) and voila everything is back to normal. I use it as a regular router with NordVPN as open on client. Nothing over the top in configuration

I am at loss, even though Kong's build works great, I would like to update

Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
There has been a lot of work been done on the broadcom wireless driver some for the better some for the worse.

I have no problems with various R7000 and R6400 but those have other hardware.

You did an nvram erase && reboot so not much else you can do.
I think you have 3 radio's, disable the third, use default settings and Regulatory Domain US.

If it does not work file a bug report at the bug tracker

But basically the R8500 is not the best product Netgear ever made, the internet is full of failures and problems

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
sephddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:48    Post subject: Re: Netgear R8500 and BS Builds after Kong's 40270M Reply with quote
kingkronk wrote:
Sorry I started a new thread as I didn't want to hijack the other thread. So basically here is my issue:

I have been having connectivity issues and no connectivity on quite few of my wifi devices (Pixel 2 XL, Amazon FireTV, Huawei P20, Nexus 5x) BS builds flash ok, nvram erase && reboot and repeat. That being said most devices fail to find the network or don't connect at all. I have tried the latest build and same issue. Pixel 2 XL connects and says no internet then shuts down wifi and comes back and repeats this, amazon FireTV doesn't connect fully at all says connects with errors (no internet)

When I revert back to Kong's final build (40270M) and voila everything is back to normal. I use it as a regular router with NordVPN as open on client. Nothing over the top in configuration

I am at loss, even though Kong's build works great, I would like to update

Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated.

Im currently running r41418 std and its working flawlessly. Its an R8500 bought in EU though so I cannot be sure if you have like another version of the board or something!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: