ethernet not working after "upgrade" to BS from Ko

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
no1baggiesfan wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Back to router database recommended junk. Ugh.

????

Too many people come on here new to this firmware with that same build because that's what the router database 'recommends' and most of the time, the firmware doesn't react well with their device or something in the build is broken or not working right, or they misconfigured something, etc. I was just voicing a little frustration lol
Sponsor
no1baggiesfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Too many people come on here new to this firmware with that same build because that's what the router database 'recommends' and most of the time, the firmware doesn't react well with their device or something in the build is broken or not working right, or they misconfigured something, etc. I was just voicing a little frustration lol

Ahhhh, right lol, now I understand Smile)
Yes, that does create issues, newest is not always best.

Definitely on BS build now lol (r41328)
Been up nearly 24 hours everything seems ok, just need to get pbr working, I tried 192.168.1.111/32 but that either kills internet on that ip or disables the vpn totally, must be me doing something wrong or it's not fixed :/
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
no1baggiesfan wrote:

Definitely on BS build now lol (r41328)
Been up nearly 24 hours everything seems ok, just need to get pbr working, I tried 192.168.1.111/32 but that either kills internet on that ip or disables the vpn totally, must be me doing something wrong or it's not fixed :/

PBR is working for me (I am on 41351 which is not publicly released) the problem with builds before 41332 is that OpenVPN has a really difficult time to restart after making changes I had to apply multiple times with the right pause between them, only a reboot worked reliable.
That problem was fixed in 41332 : https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321686

So after making changes check the Status/OVPN page if it is running

PBR has been overhauled so a bug is also possible (because I was the one doing it Smile )
For some pointers on PBR see: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321686

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
no1baggiesfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:

PBR is working for me (I am on 41351 which is not publicly released) the problem with builds before 41332 is that OpenVPN has a really difficult time to restart after making changes I had to apply multiple times with the right pause between them, only a reboot worked reliable.
That problem was fixed in 41332 : https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321686

So after making changes check the Status/OVPN page if it is running

yup, it takes a reboot, or three or four lol.
changed settings, save, apply, reboot, vpn was connected and working according to status,but not working on any connection, save, apply, reboot, reboot, oooo, now it works Smile)

thank you again
searchlight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the exact same issue going from Kong to BS. My issue was resolved by unchecking "Use DNSMasq for DNS" on the SETUP page, then disabling Dnsmasq under SERVICES.

Applied changes, then a reboot of the router and everything worked great after that.
no1baggiesfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
searchlight wrote:
I had the exact same issue going from Kong to BS. My issue was resolved by unchecking "Use DNSMasq for DNS" on the SETUP page, then disabling Dnsmasq under SERVICES.

Applied changes, then a reboot of the router and everything worked great after that.

I tried that last week lol, took me ages to get back into the router afterwards, I had to manually reset it :/

Seems all is not 100%, download speeds are fine but my upload is 10% of what it should be on the PS4, Bridged out the router with a netgear switch and its fine, so it's not cable, I don't see why router would throttle tho 🤔🤔
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
no1baggiesfan wrote:
searchlight wrote:

I tried that last week lol, took me ages to get back into the router afterwards, I had to manually reset it :/

Seems all is not 100%, download speeds are fine but my upload is 10% of what it should be on the PS4, Bridged out the router with a netgear switch and its fine, so it's not cable, I don't see why router would throttle tho 🤔🤔

You could try an :
Code:
nvram erase && reboot
from the command line and setup manually.
Differences for broadcom between Kong and BS were minimal, I have no problem with BS builds for Broadcom.

Check that SFE is on.

If you use QoS that is an other matter you might review your settings as there has been much work done on that (some for the better some for the worse)

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
DNSMasq should be updated to a recent snapshot. There are some bugfixes that have been committed and otherwise that might smooth things out. I'm surprised they haven't pushed out a v2.81 or v2.80.1 yet.

Back to topic-ish. Regarding your downstream/upstream, are you using QoS at all? It could be a simple config issue. I know because when I initially started testing it, I didn't read the numbers right and decimated my bandwidth with a click of the mouse Wink It could also be something related to wireless settings, etc. I actually have a 5-port netgear gigabit switch in-line with my antique E4200 v1 that may have introduced an issue, but I haven't put a longer cable in line or moved the router back to it's old location to test yet, but I should probably do that, perhaps. I was getting about 110% throughput across the board at one point, without QoS, but I don't remember what changed other than firmware version and adding that switch since then. I think it may have actually been after I added the switch. I added it so that all the other test routers could connect directly to the main router by cable so when I flashed any of them, I would still have internet in the office lol.
no1baggiesfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
SFE is currently disabled, I read before that it caused issues with PBR
Erase was done after first BS flash, might be worth a try tho

QOS is not being used, never dabbled with it tbh.

Last 4 flashes have all been BS builds with no restores done, throw in a couple of erases too, I think all of any remnants of king would have hopefully gone lol

Another issue I've noticed lol, I have one device that refuses to connect with a fixed ip on wifi, even after it was rebooted along with the router, weird one that.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
no1baggiesfan wrote:
SFE is currently disabled, I read before that it caused issues with PBR
Erase was done after first BS flash, might be worth a try tho

QOS is not being used, never dabbled with it tbh.

Last 4 flashes have all been BS builds with no restores done, throw in a couple of erases too, I think all of any remnants of king would have hopefully gone lol

Another issue I've noticed lol, I have one device that refuses to connect with a fixed ip on wifi, even after it was rebooted along with the router, weird one that.

From build 40459 and up, SFE should work again both for PBR and for UDP forwarding.

no1baggiesfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:

You could try an :
Code:
nvram erase && reboot
from the command line and setup manually.
Differences for broadcom between Kong and BS were minimal, I have no problem with BS builds for Broadcom.

Check that SFE is on.

Lol, even tho I had already done the erase after I flashed and set up manually, this seems to have fixed it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Ty egc.
Only settings I had changed were wifi name/pass and setup vpn, not sure what was causing that throttling

SFE is now enabled too, now to put the vpn back in and cross fingers 🙂
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Proof that Broadcom ARM builds are still a bit tricky or Netgear routers are just plain special, perhaps? I dunno, I don't overly complicate my configs with things on mine, but it's nice to have the option to, I guess. Cool Glad to hear that you've resolved the issues.
no1baggiesfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
grrr, its happened again lol, its been 100% fine until today, download speed is running at 45% but uploads are reduced to kb/s
no settings changed since my last post (just added vpn) so I cant see why it suddenly decides to throttle, as usual cable tested, as that's always my first suspect lol, but no, its the router again.
not sure if 41328 is a flaky build or my router is feeling sick.

flashing to r41418.

updated.
r41418 running, nvram erased,rebooted, wifi security set, hard reset (on-off button) Smile speed test is spot on. now we wait.
no1baggiesfan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Different build same issue. Now 41418
It works fine for a day or two then boom, throttled to 10%
Turned off SFE
Gave PS4 fixed ip (it was previously auto)
It's now back to 100%

Not sure if this is due to SFE or PS4 auto configure or if there's a bug somewhere else, it doesn't make sense why it starts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: