Joined: 04 Nov 2019
|Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:23 Post subject: Linksys E1000v2
I am using Linksys E1000v2 router and i have flashed DD-wrt v24 r40559 from the router database page. But i was having a problem. Whenever i configure sth on the router web interface, it would sometimes not respond and not accessible for a short period of time. While searching on the internet, i was told that download from the router database page is not good and was asked to download from https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas. But i could not find anything relating to E1000v2 at all, just Linksys E2100 or sth and many other things i don't really understand. I hope you guy would help me
Joined: 18 Mar 2014
|Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:48 Post subject:
|OK, some information for you, check point 11 :
Here is an excerpt of the forum rules, the rules are there so that we can help you better and we can all profit from it:
1. Research your router, start with the supported devices wiki:
2. In the supported devices wiki you can see if your router is supported and what architecture your router has and if you are lucky also an install guide/wiki.
3. Post in the right forum, from the former step you can see if your router is Broadcom, Qualcomm/Atheros, Marvell or other, use that forum to post router specific questions, for networking questions post in the Advanced Networking forum and for other things in the General Questions forum.
4. When posting always state router model, build number and when applicable the Kernel version.
Describe your problem and how you think it can be solved.
Give as much detail as you can also provide your network setup if applicable.
5. When posting pictures make sure the maximum width is not more than 600 pixels.
6. Do not hijack a thread, meaning do not post your own problem in someone else's thread. Just start your own thread.
7. If your post is answered and your problem solved, mark your thread with [SOLVED] (the header of your first post).
8. Do NOT use the router database, builds can be found at:
All builds are beta including those from the router database.
9. Before uploading a new build to your router, research the build by looking in the build threads.
This is an example of a build thread for build 41328 for Broadcom routers:
Search build threads with the search function and search on build number.
10. Use the build threads from the former step to report success or problems.
11. For older Broadcom routers (Linksys WRT54 and E series) read the peacock thread although some of it is outdated: https://forum.ddwrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486&sid=05c269e8bc745f300278d04f3b742a98
Builds can be found in the Broadcom directory for Linux kernel 2.4, in Broadcom_K26 for Linux K2.6 and in Broadcom_K3X for Linux K3.X.
12. If you are sure you have discovered a bug, after asking and querying the forum, you can report a real bug in the bug tracker: https://svn.dd-wrt.com/
This is also the place where the commits/changes to the source are administrated.
13. Recommended reading:
Routers:Netgear R7800, Netgear R6400v1, Netgear R6400v2, Linksys EA6900 (XvortexCFE), Linksys E2000 (converted WRT320N), WRT54GS v1.
Install guide Linksys EA6900: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=291230
OpenVPN Policy Based Routing guide: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321686
Install guide R6400v2:http://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316399
OpenVPN Server Setup:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=318795
Install guide R7800: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320614
Wireguard Setup guide:https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1183135