dd-wrt version 41375 and wnr 3500l V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 16:08    Post subject: dd-wrt version 41375 and wnr 3500l V2 Reply with quote
This software brick my router Netgear WNR 3500l V2. Probably is uncompatible with this device. I'm download firmware file from ftp sent to device via scp. Then I try update router via ssh. I'm do that without reset configuration. After update and reboot router device start only with orange power led. It can't any other step to start device and orange led is still. I try hard reset button on case without any actions and device is brick. I use USB-><-Serial cable to flash via tftp and I must back to version from 15 Oct 2019 is OK for my device. You must check what's wrong is with the newest version of firmware for WNR3500L v2.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't realize they pushed it public, even after I re-opened the ticket that said it was okay telling them that it bricked Broadcom MIPS. https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6867

I won't be the dumbass who posts a build thread for it, you can bank on that.
flyzipper
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was the dumbass... figured it's better to post the standard thread and include a warning rather than risk people missing threads like this or stumbling on the information on their own.
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 20:51    Post subject: dd-wrt version 41375 and wnr 3500l V2 Reply with quote
I haven't any complains to authors of dd-wrt. This is beta project and issues are possible. I think you are fix firmware and it will be usable.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
flyzipper wrote:
I was the dumbass... figured it's better to post the standard thread and include a warning rather than risk people missing threads like this or stumbling on the information on their own.

So I saw and commented Wink Someone else opted NOT to post a build thread and email BS. This was well AFTER I re-opened egc's ticket to report the brick, and probably WELL before the alpha was pushed to beta. But, what the hell do I care anymore. If we continue to gauge releasing betas on R7800s and Broadcom ARM success, then we might as well take a foot or two off with buckshot. It's pretty obvious that not much else is given a damn about around here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: