Netgear R6400 v1 - trouble returning to OEM firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Matt_jh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:55    Post subject: Netgear R6400 v1 - trouble returning to OEM firmware Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am trying to return to Netgear OEM firmware, but having a lot of trouble with this process.
Currently running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 (08/06/19).

Using the DD-WRT interface to upgrade to Netgear firmware only circles me right back to the front page DD-WRT interface after a few minutes
With 'reset to default settings', I get taken to the following page only to cycle back to DD-WRT firmware on reboot.

Using the tftp procedures on a Mac, I can ping TTL=64, but repeatedly end up with the error "Transfer timed out”.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need me to provide more detail.

Thanks
Matt
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:52    Post subject: Re: Netgear R6400 v1 - trouble returning to OEM firmware Reply with quote
Matt_jh wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to return to Netgear OEM firmware, but having a lot of trouble with this process.
Currently running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 (08/06/19).

Using the DD-WRT interface to upgrade to Netgear firmware only circles me right back to the front page DD-WRT interface after a few minutes
With 'reset to default settings', I get taken to the following page only to cycle back to DD-WRT firmware on reboot.

Using the tftp procedures on a Mac, I can ping TTL=64, but repeatedly end up with the error "Transfer timed out”.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need me to provide more detail.

Thanks
Matt

Have a look a the the install guide and unbrick guide (in the second post ) for the R6400v2 in this thread: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316399
Those routesr are more or less the same but you can not use the files from that thread, but the procedures are probably the same.

For the R6400v2 I made special Netgear stock files for returning to stock for an R6400v2, so not for your router though Sad
I think that is also needed for the the R6400v1, I can do that but not at the moment.

What probably works is using nmrpflash that should push the stock file regardless of the header

Sometimes TFTP using the noheader option also works.

Let me know if and how you succeed

P.S. Why do you want to return to stock?

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 14:34    Post subject: Re: Netgear R6400 v1 - trouble returning to OEM firmware Reply with quote
egc wrote:

What probably works is using nmrpflash that should push the stock file regardless of the header

No probably to it. I am pretty sure nmrpflash is probably the only way it's going to TFTP because Netgears are special like that. Only other way is serial recovery with the other tftp software.
Matt_jh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
nmrpflash process worked! You folks are great, thanks so much for your help.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: