WNDR3700 v1 issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
2PieceCombo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 19:03    Post subject: WNDR3700 v1 issue Reply with quote
To the best of my knowledge I have the V1 (no v* listed anywhere on the unit which seems to indicate its v1) The wiki says use the na img version for north american models, which I have, but there is no such image. when i search 3700 and select v1, there is only "wndr3700-factory.img" and "wndr3700-webflash.bin" but nothing that specifically says NA version. I attempted to flash the "wndr3700-factory.img" and it told me i was using a non NA version and i let it continue, now it seems to be stuck in some sort of loop. power light stays on and periodically all the network ports lights come on for a sec and then go back off. I cannot access the webgui at all. Seems ive soft bricked it? Im sure i can fix that bit and get it back to factory (hopefully) but my concern is what img to flash if the one i should be using doesnt exist? I thought I must be overlooking something obvious on the page, but Im not seeing a NA version anywhere.
Sponsor
2PieceCombo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay i did find an NA version in the other downloads section, I guess I dont understand why that isnt listed in the router database section? but oh well..
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still another reason not to use the blasted Router Database.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
down_shift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
2PieceCombo wrote:
okay i did find an NA version in the other downloads section, I guess I dont understand why that isnt listed in the router database section? but oh well..

Hey man,

I own the same router and tried to flash the same file few times and every time it failed. Did you flash that file over Netgear’s latest firmware using a web browser? I’m using Firefox with Netgear’s latest firmware and with router settings reset. Can’t figure what am I doing wrong.
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 18:52    Post subject: Internet Explorer or TFTP Reply with quote
Try Internet Explorer or Chrome, if neither work, flash via TFTP: https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Make sure to use the factory to dd-wrt file not the webupgrade file for the first flash.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
down_shift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 20:38    Post subject: Re: Internet Explorer or TFTP Reply with quote
ian5142 wrote:
Try Internet Explorer or Chrome, if neither work, flash via TFTP: https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Make sure to use the factory to dd-wrt file not the webupgrade file for the first flash.

Thank you for your reply. After being stuck in the same loop as the OP I’ve put my router into recovery mode and flashed it with Netgear firmware using TFTP2. After that I reset it to factory settings and tried to flash ddwrt file using the same method but i got the same results. My router right now is back to latest Netgear firmware and all the settings are cleared. The only thing I didn’t perform was the 30/30/30 reset. Is that necessary in my case?

Thank you
down_shift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:13    Post subject: Re: Internet Explorer or TFTP Reply with quote
down_shift wrote:
ian5142 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. After being stuck in the same loop as the OP I’ve put my router into recovery mode and flashed it with Netgear firmware using TFTP2. After that I reset it to factory settings and tried to flash ddwrt file using the same method but i got the same results. Router right now is back to latest Netgear firmware and all the settings are cleared. The only thing I didn’t perform was the 30/30/30 reset. Is that necessary in my case?

Thank you

No luck. Stuck in the loop every time I flash my router. My router is back to Netgears latest firmware. Would love some help from you guys. Thanks!
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:46    Post subject: Hard Reset Reply with quote
Hello,
I would suggest doing a hard reset, either through the GUI (which by the sounds of it you can't access) or via the reset button. Then try upgrading to DD-WRT.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Asus N66U - AP
MediaTek
down_shift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 17:07    Post subject: Re: Hard Reset Reply with quote
ian5142 wrote:
Hello,
I would suggest doing a hard reset, either through the GUI (which by the sounds of it you can't access) or via the reset button. Then try upgrading to DD-WRT.

I have tried and nothing works. After attempt to load the dd-wrt I get stuck with amber power light and my ethernet port that Im currently using blinks green then goes off and all the ports blink amber and then back to being green for a while and on and on.
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 18:02    Post subject: Downgrade Factory Firmware Reply with quote
Is it possible to downgrade the factory firmware?

That may be causing an issue.

Atheros:
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Asus N66U - AP
MediaTek
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 18:13    Post subject: Just read other thread Reply with quote
I just read the other thread here where you posted.

Next step would be to open up the router, Solder pins to the board and hook up a USB to TTL 3.3V device, similar to this, https://www.adafruit.com/product/954

Then see what the serial output reads.

Atheros:
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Asus N66U - AP
MediaTek
down_shift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 18:32    Post subject: Re: Just read other thread Reply with quote
ian5142 wrote:
I just read the other thread here where you posted.

Next step would be to open up the router, Solder pins to the board and hook up a USB to TTL 3.3V device, similar to this, https://www.adafruit.com/product/954

Then see what the serial output reads.

Oh man. My router has no issues with reloading Netgear's firmware. Early or latest one is fine via TFTP software. Do you think there is an issue with routers hardware? Wouldn't that cause any firmware to fail?
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 18:37    Post subject: File to use Reply with quote
You are using the factory or factory_NA img file, right? Factory is for everything but a router bought in North America, the other is for North America only.

You could try flashing an older version of DD-WRT, 38507, picked at random: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/01-29-2019-r38507/netgear-wndr3700/

There are some builds to avoid as they have upgrade and downgrade problems, that is not one of them, I think.

Atheros:
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Asus N66U - AP
MediaTek
down_shift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 18:53    Post subject: Re: File to use Reply with quote
ian5142 wrote:
You are using the factory or factory_NA img file, right? Factory is for everything but a router bought in North America, the other is for North America only.

You could try flashing an older version of DD-WRT, 38507, picked at random: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/01-29-2019-r38507/netgear-wndr3700/

There are some builds to avoid as they have upgrade and downgrade problems, that is not one of them, I think.

A little window pops saying Invalid file name!
down_shift
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 19:39    Post subject: Re: File to use Reply with quote
down_shift wrote:
ian5142 wrote:

A little window pops saying Invalid file name!

Double checked wiki instrucitons. They say to upgrade firmware to 1.0.7.98NA. Did that, than tried to flash with the file you told me to try and still the same issue. Man oh man what a stubborn router.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: