[SOLVED] HOWTO - unbrick Linksys E4200 v1 with JTAG

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's exactly what I was saying. I've never had this problem. But I know enough to follow the damn instructions and fix it instead of complicating the crap out of things and posting nonsense. CTRL+C is the only way you break CFE boot, by the way. And, you have to be quick. I've always started by hitting the keys before applying power, because they boot that quickly.... and I was lucky a couple of times to get it on the first try. A boot loop could mean more than one thing, though, but whatever. Good luck, fix the dang thing, or not..... send it here if you can't seem to figure it out, or not. You're wearing me out.
Sponsor
sfrooze
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dude, you have to calm down, the router is mine and Im not histeric as you Very HappyVery Happy. If you are wearing out sorry and simply don't post more here. with no offenses you're not helping anyway, and cannot help me coz as you say you never had the problem. thanx for your short patience anyway.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
So sorry, I can't help the ADHD and the fact that I'd probably already have the thing de-bricked instead of doddling around wasting time. Feel free to send it here, if you can't do it.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
At this point you can’t recover it using serial. Only jtag.
Not really worth it unless you are doing it for the fun of it.
You’d have to flash a good cfe using jtag and then you can use serial to flash the firmware.

Navigation

Jump to: