Linksys WRT3200ACM from DD-WRT to stock firmware both partit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
IceT6666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:54    Post subject: Linksys WRT3200ACM from DD-WRT to stock firmware both partit Reply with quote
Hi,

I know there are a couple of threads concerning this, but I'd like to clarify two questions before trying - I have DD-WRT on both partitions and one of is bricked (can't access the router anymore) and I really want to avoid making a mistake with the working one...

The working partition is running 10-10-2019-r41269. I read I can simply upload the Linksys Stock Firmware from DD-WRT GUI Administration Tab – Firmware Upgrade Sub-Tab.

1. Should I select "reset" in this case?

2. When I do this, will it put the stock firmware on the other partition (the bricked one) or on the current one?

3. I want to put the stock firmware on both partitions. Can put the stock firmware on the other partition from the Linksys GUI, after I installed it on one partition?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
The current build is good by the way (r41328) and GUI firmware upgrades by default write to the opposite inactive partition.

The reset option writes dd-wrt's factory default config, so you can ignore it.

If you are going back to Linksys it may not come back to life until after a hard reset, which you should do anyway, however be sure to give the router time plenty of time to complete the flash update process and reboot.

After a successful boot into the newly flashed partition, you can GUI upgrade again and then you will have overwritten both partitions.

It's all up to you, but people are reporting good things about the current build for wrt3200acm. Just be sure to configure dd-wrt from scratch after a hard reset (hold the reset button for 10 seconds) or erase from telnet/ssh.

nvram erase && reboot
IceT6666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had major issues with 2 builds that I tried (router can't be accessed after a while, wifi devices are disconneted, devices get IPs that are outside of the LAN's IP range,...

I intended to run Astrill VPN on it, and after a while the Astrill page couldn't be opened anymore (if I was able to access the router). I decided to give up on the router, sell it and switch to Asus with Merlin.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah it's been a rough few weeks for those diving into recent beta builds, but honestly it was just bad timing. A lot of things have been replaced recently and dust is now settling thanks to BS and feedback from key members here (see SVN Bugtracker).
scandic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
due to the fact that even now nthe NAT hardware no works and pbr which also doesn't work, i will move to asus after 5 year of ddwrt experiments, wasted nights, etc.. goodbye dd-wrt. future former owner of linksys wrt3200acm (and other linksys's).
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
scandic wrote:
due to the fact that even now nthe NAT hardware no works and pbr which also doesn't work, i will move to asus after 5 year of ddwrt experiments, wasted nights, etc.. goodbye dd-wrt. future former owner of linksys wrt3200acm (and other linksys's).

"hw nat isnt implemented. i also dont know if its available. but hw nat will also prevent filtering and custom qos. but however the cpu is that fucking fast that you dont need to take care about it. you can do nat with full gbit speed" -BS

Source: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1080829#1080829

PBR is reported functioning throughout numerous builds from this year.

Example: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=320792#1172677

Current build r41380 PBR verified works.

I understand there are reasons to give up on WRT3200ACM, such as mwlwifi no longer being worked on which is out of anyone's control, but hardware accelerated NAT and PBR certainly shouldn't be included as reasons.

I'm guessing you are going with rt-ac86u and that's a nice router but you will be limited to merlin firmware; r7800 will give you the most options.
scandic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok. pbr not worked in my setup with wrt3200acm dd-wrt. in my new asus ax88u work like a charm, same setup. i will try to sell my old router. and must to see 15 days uptime, when with dd-rt it must restart at 2-3 days...

Last edited by scandic on Sat Nov 30, 2019 20:27; edited 2 times in total
jonfr780
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
IceT6666 wrote:
I've had major issues with 2 builds that I tried (router can't be accessed after a while, wifi devices are disconneted, devices get IPs that are outside of the LAN's IP range,...

I intended to run Astrill VPN on it, and after a while the Astrill page couldn't be opened anymore (if I was able to access the router). I decided to give up on the router, sell it and switch to Asus with Merlin.

I am having similar set of issues and I tested the stock firmware and that was even worse. It didn't work with my isp and didn't connect to the internet. If the current build is the problem then downgrading to a older build that works is the solution until the newer builds get better again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: