Wifi Connected, No Internet on 2.4Ghz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
aero318
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 19:34    Post subject: Wifi Connected, No Internet on 2.4Ghz Reply with quote
Hi Y'all!

New to DD-WRT and I have been playing around with some basic setting and VPN usage. I recently had issues with not being able to connect to the internet at all after trying to set up a VPN. Simply disabling the VPN client on the Services tab and returning the static DNS setting to 0.0.0.0 did not help. I eventually found no other options but to hit the factory reset and start the DD-WRT setup from scratch.

Now again I face internet connection problems. This time just trying to hammer out the very basic wifi settings. summarized below:

SSID's and passwords for 2.4 & 5GHz set to match.
Manually set the least congested channels (1,6 or 11) for 2.4 and CH 40 for 5Ghz with the widest channel width available.
Both wireless modes set to auto.
At this point, no other changes were made.

For the most part, the above worked but I was getting very slow results when my phone would connect to the 2.4GHz channel instead of the preferred 5GHz.I was usually able to watch the 5GHz signal, as I repositioned my phone, become too low and then switch to 2.4 and signal strength jump back up to confirm which was being used. I tried to troubleshoot by returning the 2.4Ghz to settings that were working better previously, i.e. channel to Auto (and on Ch 1) and channel width back down to 20. When I saved this setting none of my 2.4GHz devices have internet connection while connected to the wifi. I have tried everything I can think of from rebooting to changing settings to completely unplugging the router, no cigar. Absolutely no issues with 5GHz or Ethernet connections.

Is there anything else I can try besides the nuclear option of Return to Factory Settings?

Router Model Netgear R6400 v2
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r41135M std (09/25/19)
Kernel Version Linux 4.4.194 #1490 SMP Wed Sep 25 08:02:14 +04 2019 armv7l
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: