Netgear R7000 (r40559) not getting WAN IP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
simone.at
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:09    Post subject: Netgear R7000 (r40559) not getting WAN IP Reply with quote
Hi,

I flashed my Netgear R7000 with the latest build and I am having trouble making the router obtain an IP address from my ISP.

I have the R7000 connected (through the WAN port) to the Netgear C7000 (set as modem-only mode) but no WAN IP is assigned to the R7000.
I set the MAC address of the R7000 to be the same as the C7000.

Is anybody having similar issues?

Thanks!
Simone
Sponsor
simone.at
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using the C7000 as modem-only, so I connected one of the LAN port of the C7000 to the WAN of the R7000, why does it matter the LAN IP address of the R7000?

Anyway, I tried to change the subnet, but no luck.
FreeDeluder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I feel your frustration. I have the exact same problem. Pppoe connection to modem provided by isp set in bridge mode. Router r7000 dd-wrt v3.0-r40559.
Wan ip is 0.0.0.0
Two days I struggle with this problem.
Cant get it working...
fatalhalt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
The regressions and bugs are getting ridiculous, not to mention bricking, dd-wrt seriously needs to implement unit testing and someone should setup a rack of most popular router devices and automate testing of new builds. I use Kong's build on my R7000 even though development of it stopped.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
fatalhalt wrote:
The regressions and bugs are getting ridiculous, not to mention bricking, dd-wrt seriously needs to implement unit testing and someone should setup a rack of most popular router devices and automate testing of new builds. I use Kong's build on my R7000 even though development of it stopped.

Maybe that someone can be you. Run with it, it’s your idea.
There is one guy making the firmware. How many routers are supported? You want him to test every unit.
I’m sure he will since we pay him big money to do this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
fatalhalt wrote:

Sounds like someone needs to buck up and carry the torch after they set up a development environment for DD-WRT and submit patches. I have fought all day to find a comment that wasn't brutally offensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: